Username:

Password:

Poll
Question: What's your favourite kind of fanart? // ¿Cuál es tu tipo de fanart preferido?
Original 2-D drawings // Dibujos originales en 2-D
Original 3-D pictures // Obras originales en 3-D
Photomanips of 2-D drawings (not real people pics) // Manipulaciones de dibujos en 2-D (no de fotos de gente real)
Photomanips of real people // Manips de gente real

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your favourite kind of fanart? // ¿Cuál es tu tipo de fanart preferido?  (Read 2272 times)
FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« on: May 05, 2009, 07:21:26 AM »

What's your favourite kind of fanart? // ¿Cuál es tu tipo de fanart preferido?

Should I add something to the poll? // ¿Debo añadirle algo a la encuesta?
Onimeno
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 09:27:29 AM »

Sea CG o Handpaint el 2D de ASFR es lo mejor, luego le seguiría el arte hecho en POSER.
Aegis_Eternity
Gorgon Knight

Darkness Shadow, Class B

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 09:40:54 AM »

1: Original 2-D drawings
Without contest, as this is the preferred medium of nearly all Japanese ASFRtists.

I'm assuming that by "3D pictures" you refer to the output of Poser-alike CGI programs. [FSF EDIT: Yes, like drake's Medusarrific Issues.]
While there are some few excellent entries in this category from Japanese artists (example: http://madasama.blog28.fc2.com/),
there aren't nearly enough around to make it a favourite.
Sadly, the Western-made content is, as ever, predictably mediocre in the 3D category, and all but non-existent in the 2D.

Photomanips of any sort I find to be unconvincing and completely uninteresting.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 09:47:53 AM by FrozetaShintoriFan » Logged

Thou may find peace in your just imprisonment.
Oblivion is yours, forever.
Linkrlz
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 12:03:30 PM »

2d drawings hands down indeed. 3d is ok if done correctly.
bigin23
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 12:08:07 PM »

2D original, with some preference for 2d manips, no objections to 3d original and manips. Smiley

My Stories
Archive of Round 1-6 zip
Round 7
Hope to get back to it soon.
mash587
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 09:38:29 PM »

Definitely original 2D drawings...although I think the term "hand-drawn" would be more accurate, since a good artist can at least create an illusion of 3D.

Second is a tie between 2D manips and 3D Poser stuff.  Manips are a lot more common, and most (barring my own crappy ones) of them are pretty good.  Some are even incredibly excellent, but those are pretty rare.  Poser stuff is usually harder to find (compared to manips, at least), and most of what I do just isn't really to my taste.  But some artists (such as Argo) have managed to make some pretty jaw-dropping pieces I really like, so it's got a lot of potential at least.

I'm afraid I've never been a big fan of "real" manips.  Or real people, either...or reality itself, for that matter.
Kojen
Medusa Golden Knight

tyler_kojen
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 11:24:17 PM »

2D drawings, to be certain.  It's what I look for most often, and it's my primary form of creative output - more often than not, my ideas to be written stay in the idea phase for the better part of eternity.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: