Username:

Password:

Poll
Question: What's your favourite kind of ASFR media? // ¿Medio de ASFR favorito?
Anime
Cartoons // Dibujos animados
Manga
Comics // Cómics
Live action shows (series, movies, music clips...) // De carne y hueso (series, películas, videoclips...)
Fanart
Videogames // Videojuegos
Literature // Relatos

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your favourite kind of ASFR media? // ¿Medio de ASFR favorito?  (Read 3904 times)
FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« on: May 05, 2009, 07:03:35 AM »

ENGLISH: What is your favourite ASFR media?
ESPAÑOL: ¿En qué medio prefieres el ASFR?
Onimeno
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 09:26:12 AM »

Bueno las mejores secuencias, efectos y víctimas siempre han estado en el anime, asi que ese es mi favorito, el segundo seria los comics.
Aegis_Eternity
Gorgon Knight

Darkness Shadow, Class B

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 09:49:10 AM »

Videogames without a doubt, almost always Japanese RPGs.
This should be added to the poll options, please. [FSF EDIT: Already added. Thanks for your ideas, I don't know how I could forget about games...]

Second choice, probably fanart. Mostly due to a certain fellow by the name of "Yuuki".

Third choice, anime. It's unfortunate that there are relatively few anime with ASFR content around.

The impact of ASFR in manga is often greatly reduced by the fact that it's all in black-and-white, though this would usually only apply to stone transforms.
Having a grey-shaded woman be transformed into a slightly different, monotone grey-shaded woman with her eyes filled in does not make for a visually interesting petrification.

Not only is ASFR rarer than hen's teeth in live-action media, it's also unilaterally awful (but for a few brave exceptions).
I give it a wide berth at all times.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 09:52:38 AM by FrozetaShintoriFan » Logged

Thou may find peace in your just imprisonment.
Oblivion is yours, forever.
Linkrlz
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 12:01:12 PM »

Anime being the most common one and I'll agree on video games.
bigin23
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 12:14:26 PM »

I don't have a real favourite. I like any ASFR-related media so long as it's good. Smiley

And I think it only fair I point out Literature/Fanfiction isn't on the list.  Wink [FSF EDIT: Now it is.]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 01:39:29 PM by FrozetaShintoriFan » Logged

My Stories
Archive of Round 1-6 zip
Round 7
Hope to get back to it soon.
mash587
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 08:41:31 PM »

Fanart, by a long shot.  Someone intentionally creating an ASFR masterpiece will usually do a much better job of it than someone who's never even heard of the fetish.

Second would probably be videogames, despite most of them having lazy effects (the ones that even have any at all anyway).  I find it rather personally satisfying to expose female characters to new experiences, such as being turned into stone, or frozen in ice.  Plus, depending on the game, you can often have it happen in several different locations, or even poses.  And if it's a permanent status, it can even become THE END (for us anyway), something which most other media rarely ever do.

Beyond that, it just really depends on how it looks.  Anime adaptations of ASFR scenes will usually look better than their manga counterparts...but then, oft-times the anime will remove those scenes entirely.  And some manga do manage to have really good looking effects, so these two categories are kind of a toss-up. 

Creating a convincing statue prop for live action is probably one of the hardest effects imaginable, so it's no surprise most of those aren't very good.  Still, those rare occasions where they do get it right are very enjoyable, I find.

One nice advantage of literature in this field is that the ASFR effects always look perfect...if you have a good imagination.  Well, I guess it could  look bad if the author goes into too much detail, and you don't really care for the effect being described.
Kojen
Medusa Golden Knight

tyler_kojen
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 11:13:12 PM »

As of late I suppose it's a toss-up between fan art and manga... there has been some decent content as of late in certain manga series, and some of my favorite scenes of the past come from manga.

Video games can be hit or miss, since generally it comes down to a generic, boring gray scale effect, or if one is very unlucky, even worse (like the character looking like they were asleep, with a rock hovering over them... simply terrible).

On the live action front... yes, it's often very bad in one way or another.  It makes me wonder just what will come of the Clash of the Titans remake that is being worked on.
acbdefg
Medusa Golden Knight

My Lemonade!

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 04:55:24 AM »

I think fanart is on the top of my list. Fanart is really free and everyone can "force" any girl into an immobile object. Fanart is the most enjoyable ASFR media!
Then video games come second, because when I try hard and successfully turn a female character, no matter it's friend or enemy, into a statue, I feel very good... A sense of accomplishment, really. The bad thing is that I should always follow the plot...
Anime comes third. With high res, the scenes will be a lot better than video games, and the sound is lovely when a girl petrifies. Of course, the worst thing is that such scenes seldom appear, and whenever they appear, we know that they'll be free in the end... Think of the Precure series...
Then it comes literature/fiction. I want to put it higher in my list, but then I remebered one thing: neither Japanese nor English is my mother tongue, and when reading the stories, I often find it difficult to understand... Oh, English is a lot better... So it greatly affects the effect... In fact, literature/fiction leaves us a space to imagine. Yes, just imagine the scene in Bigin's ASFR stories, that's GREAT!

Waiting for the final exams... (Judgement?)

Embrace the coming summer holiday of statuary!!
asfrlegacy
Gorgon Warrior

chevellehw@hotmail.com
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 09:40:17 PM »

en mi humilde opinion no hay nada  mejor que el ASFR en "Liveaction"
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 07:05:41 PM by asfrlegacy » Logged

anooo
Statue

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 09:11:37 AM »

as long as it have story, i will love it Smiley.
I don't really like wallpaper/fanart with same reason : it's usually one large page but with no story.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: