Username:

Password:

Poll
Question: Where are you from? // ¿De qué país/continente eres?
Europe (Spain) // Europa (España)
Europe (not Spain) // Europa (fuera de España)
Asia (Japan) // Asia (Japón)
Asia (not Japan) // Asia (fuera de Japón)
Africa // África
Oceania // Oceanía
North America (USA) // Norteamérica (EEUU)
North America (Mexico) // Norteamérica (México)
North America (neither USA nor Mexico) // Norteamérica (fuera de USA y México)
South America // Sudamérica

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Where are you from? // ¿De qué país eres?  (Read 8165 times)
FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« on: May 05, 2009, 06:42:23 AM »

ENGLISH: Please, post here if you think I should add any other options to my poll. (And no, I won't add Antartica...)  Wink
ESPAÑOL: Por favor, avisadme si creéis que debo añadir alguna opción más a la encuesta. (Y no, no voy a añadir la Antártida... )  Wink
Ryute
Medusa Golden Knight

( Unfinished Avatar )

Raotaku_8@hotmail.com
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 07:45:52 AM »

Smiley añade Centroamerica nos saltaste, yo soy de Costa Rica

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 07:51:28 AM »

Centroamérica no es un continente, sino un subcontinente (eso dice la Wikipedia), parte de Norteamérica (que es el continente en sí). Tienes la opción de Norteamérica (fuera de EEUU y México). Saludos.
Aegis_Eternity
Gorgon Knight

Darkness Shadow, Class B

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 08:48:28 AM »

A United Kingdom option, please?
We really shouldn't be lumped in with the Continent as there are many differences... most of them bad, as the UK is more like "USA Junior" these days.
Anyway as far as the Internet is concerned, the UK seems to make up a significant enough proportion to warrant its own entry.

Thou may find peace in your just imprisonment.
Oblivion is yours, forever.
FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 09:17:49 AM »

Yes, I had thought about the United Kingdom, but this thread's aim is also to help me know how many Spanish speakers are here (that's why Spain is the only different option), besides of knowing roughly the nationality of our visitors.

You can vote for your right option, then post here your country, it doesn't have to be on the poll (it's my opinion...).
Aegis_Eternity
Gorgon Knight

Darkness Shadow, Class B

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 10:10:12 AM »

My feeling was that the UK is common enough among Internet users that there might be several here, and I myself would have been interested in knowing how many non-British Europeans were on the forum. Of course, that's because I'm speaking from a British viewpoint.
From the POV of a Spanish person there would probably be no real difference between, say, Italy and Britain, they're both just 'other European countries'.
So I guess it's just a difference in viewpoint.

It's no problem really, I just wanted to mention.
The thing about your other comment is that on many sites - including this one, from what I have seen - only some 30% or so of voters in a poll actually post in the thread as well... there ought to be an option that you must post in order to vote, but there isn't.

I think you will have gathered by now that I am British English dang it. There are FOUR countries in Britain, no matter what the UN says. I am proud to be English.
Yes, proud to be... completely hated by the other three countries. Embarrassed
Actually, the Irish are all right, pretty much. But the Scots and Welsh really don't like the English.
The Americans and Australians don't like us much either, and as for what the French think...
"It is not so much a question of liking, m'sieur, more a matter of taste. They 'ave none." ~ Sgt. Moue, Broken Sword

bigin23
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 12:27:48 PM »

European. UK to be exact.

Aegis, it's not really that the Scots and Welsh don't like the English as a whole, it's that like the English, the Celts have their fair share of bigoted hotheads, but most of them turn it on their own big powerful neighbour or scapegoat. The English ones normally pick on the EU and immigrants, the Scots and Welsh pick on the English. And immigrants. The majority of the national bickering is just friendly sparring until you get an idiot who really thinks it matters you were born on one side or the other of an invisible line on the map.

Of course, without Scotland and Wales, Britian's culture would be vastly different and without England, Scotland and Wales would be little minnows in the big European pond. The Scottish nationals like to think they can be Ireland and get a strong economy, but they're deluding themselves. The world is in the wrong conditions now, even with oil.

Still, nice to see an Englishman with pride in his national identity who isn't a Weekend Patriot at the football.  Smiley

My Stories
Archive of Round 1-6 zip
Round 7
Hope to get back to it soon.
Aegis_Eternity
Gorgon Knight

Darkness Shadow, Class B

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 12:39:25 PM »

I hate football. ^_^
And yeah, I do realise I was exaggerating things a bit...

Funnily enough, I kind of guessed you were British from reading your stories.
Something in the overall writing style, it's hard to say exactly, but it was there.

I posted this huge text block in the most recent Stories Poll thread about how I don't seem to enjoy your stories the way I used to.
It was really horrible, self-pitying rubbish. I deleted it less than 5 minutes later.
I don't know what in the world I was thinking of, writing that nonsense... I guess I'm just in a bad mood today... v_v
Your stories are great, by the way. A lot better than the junky efforts I come out with.

Linkrlz
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 01:28:07 PM »

So far I think I'm the only one from the states Wink

At least I'm Hispanic so I understand both english and spanish quite well. Although my spanish spelling is not as great as speaking it. Sad
mash587
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 07:51:15 PM »

I'm from the USA, although that's also a part of Oceania...in George Orwell's 1984  anyway.
Kojen
Medusa Golden Knight

tyler_kojen
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 11:09:41 PM »

I'm from California, USA.  Woo?
acbdefg
Medusa Golden Knight

My Lemonade!

Email
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 03:50:39 AM »

Finally I can vote here...
I'm from China...
Oh, I'm surprised to find that there's no one from Japan voting here...

Waiting for the final exams... (Judgement?)

Embrace the coming summer holiday of statuary!!
Mr Nightmare
Statue

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 03:18:06 AM »

From that there Canada land, eh?
asfrlegacy
Gorgon Warrior

chevellehw@hotmail.com
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 09:38:47 PM »

Soy de Costa Rica , saludos desde aqui  Cry Wink

ploplosh
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 08:00:07 AM »