Username:

Password:

Poll
Question: Do you prefer people who get turned into stone to have awareness?
Yes, they should know what's going on while being unable to move - 12 (44.4%)
No, they should not know what's happening while being an object - 12 (44.4%)
I don't care either way - 3 (11.1%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aware Or Mindless Statues?  (Read 451 times)
Psykofreac
Statue

Email
« on: November 13, 2019, 05:55:44 PM »

Two types of petrifications I both often find are when the victim still have awareness and ones where they're just a mindless object that doesn't gain awareness until they turn back to normal. I personally prefer the latter but I'm asking others here which you personally prefer. I think I've seen some people say before they prefer statues to be aware while just being unable move and I'm curious what's the appeal. So can anyone who's into it explain? Trying to be open minded and curious to learn about this other interest.

As I said, I much prefer complete inanimation as I love the idea of becoming a literal object with no will or thoughts of my own. Even less conscious than if you're sleeping since you don't even dream, it's a perfect state of complete powerlessness only to be owned by others. You completely lose any agency as a person, it's... embarrassingly pleasant.  Smiley

In stories with petrification, I particularly love the moments when the victim turns back and ask "Huh? What just happened?" as it reinforces how they were just a mindless object through the whole thing(for example, Rhapsody a Musical Adventure). Also, I think it only makes sense that petrified victims shouldn't be able to think since if you're completely turned to stone, your brain shouldn't be able to function when it's just rocks.

Also, something that turns me off about aware petrification is that one instead sounds painful. Being conscious the whole time you're unable to do anything no matter how much you want to, makes me feel really bad for the victim.  Embarrassed

Although, I'm not really here to shame those into aware petrification, as I said, I'm keeping an open mind and curious to learn about it. Which is why I'm here to ask what people like about it. So which type of petrification do you enjoy and why? Or does it just not matter to you? Whichever, I would like to hear your thoughts.

EDIT: Sorry, a typo in the poll, "they should know" now fixed to "they should not know"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 06:18:22 PM by Psykofreac » Logged
Fenchurch
Gorgon Warrior

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 11:04:02 PM »

I voted don't care, but I like both depending on which story and scenario it's in
Zicron Shadow
Administrator
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 11:51:38 PM »

Vote for the statue who can still think and feels!!  Cheesy
Trapped inside the statue , helpless  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: