Username:

Password:

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night  (Read 876 times)
petrify
Medusa Golden Knight

You are slowing down

Email
« on: June 19, 2019, 10:17:39 PM »

The game has petrification/stone status. I am 99% sure enemies can inflict it on Miriam since there is a consumable item for curing petrification. Does anyone have pics or know how the status works? I assume it has to be at least somewhat long lasting if there is an entire item dedicated to removing it.
blargen
Gorgon Knight

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 01:13:12 AM »

I've done a fair amount of scouting, and it's bizarre because it's such a spin from traditional Castlevania. Because the clock tower sections I've seen don't have medusa heads anymore, but dullahan heads that are just as invasive when it comes to moving around in that section. I skimmed the bosses, haven't seen any that look like they do any petrification attacks.

The only thing I have seen are enemies called gargoyles in the cathedral which are one-eyed winged creatures that do have a petrification beam they protrude, but they rarely use it, and it's so telegraphed and short that out of 6 streams I've seen, I think I saw one person get hit by it, but they had a familiar that overlapped Miriam so you couldn't see the statue well. it seemed like a typical "mash to break free" and maybe it has a consumable for when you really to break free if you're getting swarmed, or maybe something for end game? But I'll still need to see if there's more to it.
soapsnakes
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 05:45:40 AM »

Here are screenshots of it:

https://twitter.com/etiya30215/status/1141009612600033280
blargen
Gorgon Knight

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 10:04:53 AM »

Hey, that's nice that you get multiple poses, though looks like it's only between if you're crouching or standing, it's still a plus. Smiley
petrify
Medusa Golden Knight

You are slowing down

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 06:16:35 PM »

Awesome, thanks for the info/pics guys! Now I've got some real motivation to progress in the game lol.

edit: just got to the first gargoyle. It's actually quite close to the beginning of the game (around 12% map completion for me), in the cathedral after you beat the Samurai dude. The petrification is great! It doesn't wear off ever unless you shake out of it with the control stick. If you don't want the gargoyle bothering you afterwards, you can shoot a Plume Parma at the ceiling (you get this from the flying pig monster) right before it petrifies you and it will bounce and kill it after you are stoned.

I just wish there was a way to zoom in. Hopefully mods will allow it eventually.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 09:24:11 PM by petrify » Logged
kanar
Gorgon Knight

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 11:19:42 AM »

There is an accessory that you can find that lets you zoom in.  I believe it's call Convex Glasses.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: