Username:

Password:

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Octopath Traveler (Spoilers/Honorable Mention)  (Read 1082 times)
stonebodylover
Gorgon Knight

Email
« on: August 21, 2018, 09:33:49 PM »

Following the story of the hunter's apprentice, H'aanit, you discover that her master has been turned to stone. While I'm sure most of us aren't interested in an old man being grayscaled, there is at least a little voiced dialogue of H'aanit talking about turning to stone.

Another lady decides she needs to hunt the monster that petrified H'aanit's master. I haven't really gotten that far in the game, but I wouldn't be surprised to find her petrified down the road.
stiltzkinator
Gorgon Knight

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 08:19:31 AM »

More spoilers
Finishing Haanit's 3rd chapter gives you 10 potions to cure petrification, and these are consumables you can use in battle. Haven't actually fought Redeye yet, as Haanit's chapter is the last one I have; levelling the girls so I can make a separate save before the fight and come revisit it any time if the effect is good.

Edit: is there no spoiler code on this forum? No judgement toward OP, the topic is marked in the title, just not able to get it to work.
Crystalline
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 11:37:24 AM »

Hm, hard to imagine if the effect looking good on these sprites if I were to be pedantic, but you guys have the benefit of doubt for sure. I have been surprised before.
stiltzkinator
Gorgon Knight

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 09:31:17 AM »

It's....alright, I guess. A character hit by 'Evil Eye' is encased in rocks as part of the animation, and then the rocks crumble, revealing the affected character in a slight greyscale. Some of the color is still visible so eh. It was right to be skeptical.

As insult to injury, the effect is cured at the end of battle. This is in line with the story aspects of it, of course, but still.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: