Username:

Password:

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird Naked Silver Statues「モルゲッソヨ」Appreciation Thread  (Read 608 times)
silvery
Medusa Golden Knight

^Yay! Osmium.

« on: February 10, 2018, 07:18:17 PM »

I just wanted to make note of these exhibitions and to celebrate the whole lot of memetic doodle shenanigans that followed. (Doodles not included because too lazy. Twitter ahoy.)

What I'm talking about exactly: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVgsXQfU0AIbAt4.jpg
Warning: Realistic depiction of male genitalia (aside from being painted silver and such.)

Tongue

That is all.
Vicuroneqo
Gorgon Knight

I'm slower than a snail riding on a sloth's back.

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 03:18:40 AM »

Ah yes, was getting more aware of this phenomena each day as more asfr artists are participating in this meme. I will say that I'm really not a fan of it due to it always involving the motif of covering the victims' heads with condom-shaped helmets(?) and often, due to its phallic nature, the fanarts may involve futanari (which I can see quite a certain number of people going crazy about them). Though, I'll admit that the origin of the meme was quite fascinating.

Basically, a few days after the opening of PyeongChang Winter Olympics, photos of these odd-looking statues started circulating the Internet, particularly among Japanese netizens. It was never confirmed if they were just bizarre modern installation art pieces, or some sculptures mysteriously erected (no pun intended) to protest the recent political truce between North and South Korea, but it was said that someone actually asked a worker or resident there about the purpose of the statues. The only answer they received was "Morugessoyo" which roughly means "I don't know." in Korean, hence the name of the meme: モルゲッソヨ .
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 03:24:20 AM by Vicuroneqo » Logged
silvery
Medusa Golden Knight

^Yay! Osmium.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 09:37:28 AM »

Ohhh so that's where the name came from. I had imagined that sort of scenario happening, but reality really outdid itself this time.

With that said, the helmet thing does de-personify the victim and not seeing the face is kind of a minus (though some people may of course like it that way.) I'm personally fine with either as long as the end result is thematically nice.

But hey, at least one-third of the fan arts don't come with the Ds equipped so there is still variety. The sad part is the trend will probably die down eventually.
Vicuroneqo
Gorgon Knight

I'm slower than a snail riding on a sloth's back.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 02:46:31 PM »

Some recent articles have surfaced and apparently they were officially named "Bullet Men". Then again, it shouldn't be that surprising since S.Korea does have a park dedicated to literal dicks.

Kinda funny how the head covers somehow managed to bother me more than the dickgirls factor, which is saying a lot. Although , some artists on Twitter did manage to put some interesting twist on the meme, like how Wabuki (Futanari WARNING) did with three of the Symphogear main heroines. Yes, the dicks are still there, but the concept of the girls leaking themselves on their own (supposedly severed) heads is, I have to admit, pretty nifty.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: