Username:

Password:

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Here's one!  (Read 1935 times)
schtotle
Gorgon Warrior

Email
« on: March 02, 2017, 02:23:02 PM »

https://mangastream.com/r/dr_stone/001/4072/2
Vicuroneqo
Gorgon Knight

I'm slower than a snail riding on a sloth's back.

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 11:19:12 AM »

Holy schmoke, this is one great find! The obvious bromance direction of the plot seems to be quite a turn-off for me but I really like how the petrified people were drawn and depicted, and especially how the love interest chick still has her signature headband still intact even after being a 4,000 years old statue.
silvery
Medusa Golden Knight

^Yay! Osmium.

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 12:03:00 PM »

This is pure gold in stone. A lot to take in but awesome.

As a manga, though, it might go down in flame unless the author reinvent survival plot which has been done oh so many times already. (yaoi-shippage doesn't count.) Here hoping the manga delivers.

I do appreciate the global petrification to the fullest, though. A bit cartoony but it's okay.

With that said, RIP broken statue girls. Hope Senkuu fix yall with his magic when he's done Adam-ing the mc.

EDIT: Also, it'd be a nice (or not) twist if the cause of petrification is not scientific but caused by "god" instead.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:19:06 PM by silvery » Logged
petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 02:12:40 PM »

That's a great find indeed. First chapter, chock full of petrification which the comic seems dedicated of.
schtotle
Gorgon Warrior

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 04:24:10 PM »

Thanks, guys.  Cheesy I'm going to put a Batoto post link here for safekeeping since Mangastream eventually deletes chapters to avoid the wrath of WSJ. It should be noted this is a different translation team, as this group is in a tug-of-war for whatever reason with Mangastream.

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/dr-stone-r20882

P.S. Was that who I though it was on page 16? Huh?
Foreshadowing! Shocked He's Going to Make Earth Great Again. Embarrassed
Rebellion
Medusa Golden Knight

Anti-Chicom.

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 08:06:42 PM »

Girls that eventually gets naked as their bodies are only petrified? Yes please!

Thanks to PDF, I have a warped and twisted view of China.
Vicuroneqo
Gorgon Knight

I'm slower than a snail riding on a sloth's back.

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 10:50:30 PM »

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/dr-stone-r20882
P.S. Was that who I though it was on page 16?

The comic went from a "choke the chicken" material to choke myself with laughter when President Orange made a cameo. It's even funnier that his lines possibly indicated that this took place not long after his inauguration. Also, I feel like pointing out the plot hole on why were the birds petrified at the beginning of the chapter but later on it appeared that animals aren't affected by the light similar to the petrification fog in that German movie Die Grune Wolke. Other than that, I'm curious to know if Yuzu still has her zettai ryouki marks around her thighs after her whole clothes deteriorated down by time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: