Username:

Password:

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Abyss Odyssey  (Read 1071 times)
promethe
Gorgon Warrior

Need more motivation...

WWW Email
« on: January 10, 2017, 01:11:36 AM »

Happy New Year!

Abyss Odyssey is released in 2013, made by Ace team, published by ATLUS. It's old game for now.

This has a rogue-like JRPG game style. It's controlled by Random Number Generator.
Each time you enter the dungeon, everything will change.

If you entered the Ice Level, you can get freeze status by multiple things. Trent, Fish, Icicle... etc.
You can easily find invincibility code in google, so there's no threat about dying.

However... I already mentioned that this is random. You can't expect that where is the Ice level.
Sometimes it appeared earlier level, sometimes it will appear later.

Also, you can't control the camera during the fight. If something appeared at the end of the screen, camera will automatically zoom out to show it.

There's 2 woman characters in this game, but my computer can't hold this game for long. So I can only play the main character. Sorry for that...

Anyway.
http://imgur.com/a/VYvfZ
Hope you enjoy.

*I took these screenshots in 2015. Quality is not good at all. I have a plan for better quality later.

mpgreymaker
Gorgon Warrior

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 11:39:38 AM »

You can simply enter the abyss from the cathedral to start in the ice stages right away.  Cool
promethe
Gorgon Warrior

Need more motivation...

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 06:24:10 PM »

!?!?

That's... true?

I'll check it soon!

mpgreymaker
Gorgon Warrior

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 04:17:19 PM »

Yes, the three different entrances simply decide how deep into the abyss you'll start. The first entrance lets you start at the very beginning in the cave levels, the second entrance skips the cave and lets you start in the jungle, while the third entrance (the cathedral) skips both the cave and the jungle and goes to the ice levels right away.
There is not too much randomness here. Only the layout of a particular floor is random; the environment type is not. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: