Username:

Password:

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: ASFR Wikia is dying in SPAM  (Read 8747 times)
edgarroni2002
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« on: November 30, 2016, 04:52:20 PM »

I like to help there, is possible?
petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 11:54:30 PM »

It's bound to be happen, I guess.

Need to get StoneLad's attention as he's the admin of that site, if I'm not mistaken.
boundy22
Gorgon Knight

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 07:01:53 AM »

Yea that Spam is so annoying , Anyway to ban the users who spam and delete their articles ?
petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 08:06:46 AM »

Yea that Spam is so annoying , Anyway to ban the users who spam and delete their articles ?

Thought that only admin can do that.

Personally, I believe the wiki is due for a cleaning at the moment. Needs to remove duplicated pages and images on that site.
FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 02:10:19 PM »

I'm an admin too there. But I don't have time these days to filter all the spam (I don't know the Wikia admin page too well, it would take me too much time, I'm quite busy IRL... sorry).

If any of you wants admin permissions ONLY to get rid of the spam, I'll be glad to give them to you temporarily. A decent knowledge of Wikia's tools is encouraged.

Without StoneLad's approval, I don't want to make any permanent decisions.

Let me know!
petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 02:54:32 PM »

Has the spam user account been banned?
wazzupg
Gorgon Warrior

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 04:22:19 PM »

I banned the spammers.
petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 12:16:02 AM »

Trust that all the spam have been removed. I'll wait for it later today to see if there's some still left behind.

Quick glance at the wiki, looked like it is a bit of a mess particularly on the standardization. Quite a lot to do, I'd say.
edgarroni2002
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 02:21:54 AM »

Thanks for save us from these spammer things
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 08:29:19 AM »

Quick glance at the wiki, looked like it is a bit of a mess particularly on the standardization. Quite a lot to do, I'd say.

That's why I effectively stopped trying to work with it:  I kept trying to enforce standardization but everybody just ignored me and one user in particular kept harassing me not only on the wiki but off of it as well.

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 10:15:13 AM »

That's why I effectively stopped trying to work with it:  I kept trying to enforce standardization but everybody just ignored me and one user in particular kept harassing me not only on the wiki but off of it as well.

Same here. It's a pity, but some people refuse to accept any kind of instructions.
petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 10:24:11 AM »

F***ing hell the spam is there again. I suggest to block unregistered users for editing temporarily?

Yeah, I remember that.

If we're going to amend that, I guess we need to refer back to the state when the wiki was started for the guideline? I'm a bit annoyed at the 'category' section in particular - there's too much of it.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 06:11:07 PM »

Yeah, looking through it, it looks like people kept adding more and more categories (frozen males, frozen females when we already have a Male and Female category along with "dads I'd like to fuck" which doesn't qualify as anything).

Did somebody already get rid of the spam?  The "latest changes" section doesn't load for me for some reason.  It's been a long time so I'm still trying to find the user options to prevent unregistered users from editing because the admin tools are sort of poorly laid out.

EDIT:  So, this is incredibly stupid, but the reason there's no easy way to prevent this is because it's apparently against the rules of the site to prevent large numbers of pages from being edited by unregistered users.  So yeah, the site kind of sucks.  If it's particular pages being vandalized, I can do those individually, though.

EDIT 2:  Aaaaand apparently, you can't just delete a category:  you literally have to remove it from every page that has that category first before deleting the page in order to make it not appear anywhere on the site.  And no, I haven't found a way to prevent people from adding made up categories.  The only thing I can seemingly do is hide categories.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 06:19:54 PM by StoneLad » Logged

petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2016, 05:39:33 AM »

I've cleared the spam immediately after its discovery. We will see if it happening again later today, from the looks of it seems it's the bot attack.

EDIT:  So, this is incredibly stupid, but the reason there's no easy way to prevent this is because it's apparently against the rules of the site to prevent large numbers of pages from being edited by unregistered users.  So yeah, the site kind of sucks.  If it's particular pages being vandalized, I can do those individually, though.

Care to explain more about this? Does it means that banning unregistered users is not available?
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2016, 09:37:27 AM »

Basically, it means I can't just block all unregistered users from editing.  You can do it on a specific page by marking it as "protected", but the site has rules against making every page protected.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: