Username:

Password:

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite scenarios  (Read 1927 times)
Fenchurch
Gorgon Warrior

« on: September 11, 2016, 08:31:13 PM »

Does anyone have favorite freeze or transformation scenarios that they like to see in media and/or daydream about?

One of my favorite ones that I return to again and again is identifying with the "victim" in this scenario: being in a public place or office or party where everyone gets frozen (and aware of what's going on) in the midst of regular activities, and where there's one person or several people who can move amongst everyone who's frozen and do what they want with them - ranging from doing nothing to being casually invasive to being malevolent (depending on what I feel like imagining).  The base scenario is the tension of being helpless and unable to react, to hear people moving around and maybe talking to each other, but not seeing them unless they come within my line of vision (my eyes are fixed in place).

StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 09:08:58 PM »

My preference for scenes varies from day to day, but I'm a big fan of the full party wipe, where a group of adventurers all either fall victim to a trap either at once or in quick succession.  Bonus points if they aren't aware that turning to stone is a hazard they're up against.  For example, a group of heroes goes up against a giant monster and have a strategy, only for the monsters eyes to glow and they all begin to turn to stone at once.  Overwhelming defeat in an instant.  Or, if they're not all hit at once, it's sort of like they all fall one by one with the monster picking them all off in a matter of minutes and the final victim sort of looking around seeing the statues of her friends and thinking "I've failed you all."

bububub2
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 09:13:31 PM »

Personally I enjoy some scenes where someone is tricked into something that turned out to be more permanent than they had once thought.  For example signing up to become a statue for a week but then it turning out to be a permanent arrangement.  I also enjoy a specific choice of victim, ie someone who 'has it all' or is 'unbeatable' ending up turned to stone forever.
kalix
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 09:13:22 PM »

I always love partial and slow going scenes. or perhaps just a body part for the day. then it grows the next day. etc.

@~,~`~
silvery
Medusa Golden Knight

^Yay! Osmium.

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 08:12:40 AM »

StoneLad described my second most favorite scenario perfectly. (Reminds me of many, MANY Maiki's House's sequences.) With that said, my single most favorite scenarios would be when observing a petrifying eldritch power of cataclysmic proportion being unleashed over a city full of innocent bystanders. (Think Zetsuen no Tempest/Fear Itself's Ironman part/Dai Sword/Sacred Seven.)  The victims absolutely has to be not-protagonist/champion/headstrong commoners who have nothing to do with what's going on The pacing would be only slow enough for a victim to see other panicking pedestrians get permanently transmuted just as their fate is sealed also. (To put it in perspective, if War of the Worlds' Tripods shoot crystallizing ray instead of a vaporizing one, it'd have been a thing.) As a side note, the preferred effect would be transmutative (not just timestoped/stuck/iceblocked) with the line drawn at freezing and the victim's post-transformation state about quite recognizable.

Holy hell now that I put those in words, it sounds VERY evil and sinister.

With that said, any recommendation of such tragic scenes would be welcomed.
Statuerandomguy
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 11:36:33 AM »

I like it when characters know there's danger around and one of them is caught by surprise and petrified.

StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 12:18:29 PM »

Holy hell now that I put those in words, it sounds VERY evil and sinister.

Let's face it, it's a pretty evil and sinister fetish to begin with.  I definitely feel bad about liking it a lot of days, but at least nobody is actually getting hurt.

raisintaco
Gorgon Warrior

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 12:32:24 PM »

I prefer slightly comical/silly ice freezes. If pain/death/dismemberment is involved then I am not interested.  The possibility of them thawing is also important for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: