According to a big survey I did on all things ASFR a while ago, ice freezing is actually one of the more popular forms of ASFR. When asked to rate it on a scale of 1 (strongly dislike) to 5 (strongly like), here's how ice freezing stood up.
When it comes to ice encasement (victim is frozen inside a block or giant ice crystal), it was rated as follows which is ok, but not great.
- 14 (13.6%) said they strongly disliked it
- 24 (23.3%) said they disliked it
- 27 (26.2%) said they neither disliked nor liked it
- 23 (22.3%) said they liked it
- 15 ((14.6%) said they strongly liked it
However, what I dubbed frost freezing (the victim is frozen in a thinner, more formfitting layer of ice possibly with icicles dripping off of them) was far more popular.
- 10 (9.6%) said they strongly disliked it
- 12 (11.5%) said they disliked it
- 19 (18.3%) said they neither disliked nor liked it
- 35 (33.7%) said they liked it
- 28 (26.9%) said they strongly liked it
In other words, people like freezing, although they prefer the subject to be frozen looking more the way (s)he is than being trapped in big ice cube.
Or, to illustrate it more, they prefer something like this:
over something like this: