Username:

Password:

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best alternative to youtube?  (Read 2551 times)
SuddenlyStone
Statue

WWW Email
« on: March 20, 2016, 01:02:14 AM »

Hey everybody. For years I have had a YouTube ASFR channel where I would upload clips on occasion. I enjoy doing this as a hobby but one problem I have had has to do with videos being taken down due to copyright claims. This seems to have gotten worse lately - many times I will upload a clip and it's immediately banned in at least some countries. I want to create a channel on an alternate site like veoh or dailymotion where I would upload all the clips on my YouTube channel and all the videos that have been deleted but I don't have a ton of experience with these sites. I was wondering if anyone knew which video sites would be least likely to delete videos and which ones are relatively popular (which ones are you already using)? Once I have a secondary channel established I will upload new videos to YouTube and the new channel concurrently and hopefully the ones that get deleted from youtube will stay on the other site.
Onimeno
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 06:52:20 PM »

Try Dailymotion they dont have the stupid rules like youtube.
SuddenlyStone
Statue

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 06:34:05 AM »

Well, I started a DailyMotion channel and began to upload all of my old clips. Unfortunately I hit a bit of a snag. I just tried to upload something and it said that my uploading privileges were temporarily revoked pending a review because of a recent high stream of upload activity. Hopefully this won't be a big problem. I don't plan on uploading a lot all at once after this so if I get my uploading privileges back I should be good but now I'm worried they're going to delete my channel already.
SuddenlyStone
Statue

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 07:12:15 PM »

It's letting me upload again - I think I'm in the clear. I'll keep this as my secondary channel then.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: