Username:

Password:

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: the flash (from the CW and on netflix)  (Read 5962 times)
kalix
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« on: January 26, 2016, 02:14:34 PM »

So it would appear that the flash network series  does have captain cold in it, however based on what I've seen, his freeze device kills and at first there is only one man in a movie theater that it has been used on in episode 4, about 22:00 minutes in. ill keep watching to see if there is more and try to capture some photos. its a good series in general if your interested in superhero type shows.

@~,~`~
kalix
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 02:17:01 PM »

actually was quick and easy to get the quick picture of him 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyxqekd5u91ono7/flash%20freeze%20pic%201.jpg?dl=0

@~,~`~
Linkrlz
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 07:32:41 PM »

If you're into guys, yes. But no, I've been keeping up with the series and his cold gun is definitely the death to frostbite type deal. The only one to survive a partial freeze encasement is Flash himself because....well duh.

edit: (series spoiler) Later on his sister gets a gold gun that's a bit more to our liking, but still far from it. Again, no females as of yet. (Doubt we'll see though)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 07:34:35 PM by Linkrlz » Logged
zero
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 11:30:52 PM »

Honestly unless you like timestop-like freeze content due to superspeed and such the show's kind of a bust, and even then while not bad it's been a bit middle of the road.
Linkrlz
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 09:46:27 AM »

I like it O: Been keeping up with it and Arrow and now Legends of Tomorrow. I'm sure it's not for everyone but I personally enjoy them xp and I'm not the type of person who usually follows series like this (except Doctor Who)
Corvax
Gorgon Warrior

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 10:46:12 PM »

Last week's episode had a guy who could slow time down to nearly a halt, and there was a couple okay scenes of the Flash's girlfriend Patty gets caught in the time bubble.

In a future episode, Caitlin will either become Killer Frost or be revealed to be Killer Frost on Earth 2, so I'm hoping she'll use her chilly powers to put the freeze on somebody (maybe Earth 2 Iris?)
Linkrlz
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 11:43:28 PM »

I had to look that up to confirm. I totally missed that, huh. Although I doubt that kind of freeze will ever happen seeing as they're making some things "realistic".
zero
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 01:22:41 AM »

I really never got the obsession with having cryo powers go realistic. I mean you want to ground your series a bit, sure, but everything is fatal all the time, really? You have the rare opportunity to have non-lethal stuff pop up and it isn't out of place!
Corvax
Gorgon Warrior

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 02:12:42 AM »

Although I doubt that kind of freeze will ever happen seeing as they're making some things "realistic".

Maybe, but Earth 2 appears to be more comic book-y and idealized, and we haven't seen cryo-powers yet, just Cold's freeze gun. So results might have some room to vary.
Corvax
Gorgon Warrior

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 02:14:27 AM »

I really never got the obsession with having cryo powers go realistic. I mean you want to ground your series a bit, sure, but everything is fatal all the time, really? You have the rare opportunity to have non-lethal stuff pop up and it isn't out of place!

Maybe it's jut wishful thinking for a female freeze, but I think it would be awesome if Frost's powers weren't insta-kill, but a slow death. It would make for some good drama if Flash had to race to thaw somebody out in time.
Linkrlz
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 08:11:36 AM »

If you want to talk slow killing freeze, you're going in to Batman and Robin territory  Wink
Corvax
Gorgon Warrior

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 07:15:05 PM »

Eh, a comic book fantasy show has a little room to stretch the science, I think. Especially if they want to put a main character in danger against the ice villain. The race to revive them would make for better suspense than the freeze just killing them on contact.

Plus, there are a lot worse problems in Batman and Robin than the physics behind a made-up laser gun. Haha.
Statuerandomguy
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 06:20:48 AM »

Replying here so I won't make a thread for it. Anyone watching the next episode of Supergirl? She will fight Bizarro girl. In the comics Bizarro's super vision turned things to stone. Maybe we're lucky...

Zicron Shadow
Administrator
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 04:36:16 PM »

Replying here so I won't make a thread for it. Anyone watching the next episode of Supergirl? She will fight Bizarro girl. In the comics Bizarro's super vision turned things to stone. Maybe we're lucky...

Sadly Nothing good happend in that episode  Sad

zero
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 01:31:39 AM »

Sadly Nothing good happend in that episode  Sad

They did at least acknowledge she has freeze vision.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: