Username:

Password:

Poll
Question: What are your primary means of finding content ?
Medusa Project - 14 (20.3%)
deviantART - 15 (21.7%)
pixiv - 13 (18.8%)
Tumblr - 4 (5.8%)
Japanese Boards (Katame BBS, 2chan, ...) - 13 (18.8%)
4chan - 5 (7.2%)
Other (please comment) - 5 (7.2%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Primary means of finding content ?  (Read 4941 times)
Darkan
Statue

« on: November 09, 2015, 01:41:33 PM »

With some people prophetizing the death of deviantART fairly regularly, and platforms like Tumblr being used more and more by artists to share their content (as much as I dislike the platform for that purpose), I was wondering out of sheer curiosity what people on this forum mostly use to find ITF content.

If you have multiple means of finding content (which is most likely), you can also comment on how practical you find each of them, things that you find are lacking in them, etc.
mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 04:37:51 PM »

This board is mostly aimed at showcasing ITF stuff 'found' in traditional media, like anime, comics, etc.  I prefer art that was intentionally made for fetish purposes, so the things shared here are usually not of much interest to me.

I suppose most of the stuff I find comes from Deviantart.  I follow a number of groups for the fetish, and usually watch any individual person who produces content that I like.  For pixiv I have bookmarks on searches for the relevant asfr tags, which I usually check once a day.  I check the other boards (2ch, 4ch, katame BBS) on occasion as well.  4-chan is mostly reposts of things I have seen, but occasionally there are translations of things posted which are worth checking out.

Many Japanese artists use personal blogs, or more recently, twitter, to disseminate their art, and I browse these every once in a while.  Sadly Tumblr, and twitter to a lesser extent, have really bad UI, especially if you only plan on checking them once every few weeks - all those messages really pile up!  Twitter in particular is miserable to scroll down through.

Once upon a time, video games used to have petrify status effects, which I might quality under 'content'.   There's a lot of fun in watching your party of cute girls turn to stone one by one.  Sadly, modern games seem to ignore this wonderful status, or nerf it so it wears off in a few seconds, which is just as bad.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:39:37 PM by mangoman » Logged
Rebellion
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 11:08:34 PM »

Aside from those listed in the poll, I use Google, but I search by putting this in the search box - 固め石化 together as whenever I only put this 石化, I only end up with irrelevant search results.

I also use @nifty to search for more petrification images.

petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 11:36:58 PM »

Lack of official material nowadays have got me turned into DeviantArt and to some other extent, pixiv.

*What I mean by official is not fan-created ones.
kalix
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 11:57:44 PM »

I use everything and do everything on the list as well as just browsing my old games and favorite stuff along with google. but recently ive gone to trying to create my own content and its proven very fun but also interesting. modding is one of my favorite things to create my own with (as you can see on my deviant art). but i have variety. i almost feel like as less content is being found/created im becoming increasingly more active to make up for it. its rather strange.

@~,~`~
kalix
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 12:01:00 AM »

another thing to add is *cough* freeze fetish on clips 4 sale. so umm yea..  *cough* *hides from shame*

@~,~`~
acbdefg
Medusa Golden Knight

My Lemonade!

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 01:08:21 PM »

For Western solidification related materials, Medusa Project and deviantART are my main sources. For Japanese ones, Pixiv, discussion boards, Twitter and FC2 blogs are all having a certain amount of things, so it's been a bit painful as things are pretty much scattered. Since Solid Girl stopped updating, there hasn't been a site that could collect most of the Japanese stuff together...

Aside from those listed in the poll, I use Google, but I search by putting this in the search box - 固め石化 together as whenever I only put this 石化, I only end up with irrelevant search results.

Using '石化' alone can only work on Japanese sites like Pixiv, because if you use it on Google without proper settings, it would treat it as Chinese as well, and in Chinese this means 'Petrochemical' for 90% of the time, leading you to weird unrelated results.

Waiting for the final exams... (Judgement?)

Embrace the coming summer holiday of statuary!!
Crystalline
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 03:29:47 PM »

The Medusa's Girls(girlturnstone.com)blog is perhaps the most active source of Japanese asfr media and even that has been slow lately. When it does update though, it does a good job at displaying the scenes(unless it's paid material such as hentai games).
Rebellion
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 04:54:41 AM »

For Western solidification related materials, Medusa Project and deviantART are my main sources. For Japanese ones, Pixiv, discussion boards, Twitter and FC2 blogs are all having a certain amount of things, so it's been a bit painful as things are pretty much scattered. Since Solid Girl stopped updating, there hasn't been a site that could collect most of the Japanese stuff together...

Thus the irrelevant search results.
Using '石化' alone can only work on Japanese sites like Pixiv, because if you use it on Google without proper settings, it would treat it as Chinese as well, and in Chinese this means 'Petrochemical' for 90% of the time, leading you to weird unrelated results.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: