Username:

Password:

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About the Wiki...  (Read 3282 times)
the_patroller55(ASFR)
Gorgon Knight

Picture whatever you want here.

« on: March 31, 2015, 10:57:01 AM »

Hey guys!!! Wink

So let me just ask something,
"Why is the Wiki getting filled with Male ASFR?!!" Angry
Some of the newer ASFR in the wiki are male ASFR.
Why is this? Huh?

I just don't get it? What's so great about male ASFR? Huh?

I am a tsukkomi...
The people around me are all boke's...
petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 12:44:44 PM »

It was discussed before (http://medusaprojectonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=2580.150 and it's generally accepted by this community (and the Wiki admin) that male-related medias can be included.

Personally mine didn't prefer it that way, but there's no problem anyway.

By the way it's been a long time since I last take a look at the wiki, been planning to keep contribute this year but lacking motivation + RL matters put the brakes on....still, it will be very encouraging if you and the others can contribute to the site.
Rebellion
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 01:26:38 PM »

Hey guys!!! Wink

So let me just ask something,
"Why is the Wiki getting filled with Male ASFR?!!" Angry
Some of the newer ASFR in the wiki are male ASFR.
Why is this? Huh?

I just don't get it? What's so great about male ASFR? Huh?

Wait till you see the recent petrification search result in Deviantart.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 06:47:17 PM »

Yeah, I'm a wiki admin and I kind of stopped checking it.  My OCD of trying to make each article have the perfect format mixed with certain people refusing to follow any sort of rules was making me spend way too much time trying to fix each little issue and it was just too much.

To answer the topic's question, in my opinion, it's the ASFR wiki, not the female ASFR wiki.  Male ASFR is ASFR regardless of if it appeals to you or not.  Now, it's been a while since I checked, but the original goal was to have male and female tags and then have it separated like that.  I don't think I ever got that set up though, and I'm guessing nobody else did either.

If somebody were willing to tag articles in this way, I would be willing to go back and get the pages set up to make it easier to navigate between the two.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 06:53:31 PM by StoneLad » Logged

StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 08:48:28 PM »

I know double posting one day later is probably frowned upon, but this is kind of an important post I didn't want people to miss:  I've come up with a sort of fix to make telling female and male pages apart on category pages.  You can read about the change here:  http://asfr.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:StoneLad/Category_Update:_Male_vs._Female_(vs._N/A)

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 10:08:04 AM »

Same thing happened to me. I became inactive because of people not making a difference on the Context and Description parts of the pages . "Reformating" everything became a bit too overwhelming for me.

About male ASFR, it's welcome (and even more with the new classification system).
petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 12:28:52 PM »

Probably next time I'll just simplify the editing, as I'm thinking about more pictures uploading with less text. Only important inputs will be described in the "Context & Description" sections in that way (although I tend to overdo the writing...)

Besides, pictures speak louder than words indeed.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 04:34:35 PM »

Personally, I generally prefer more text to less as I like knowing at least some of the context, but shortening some of it is not something I'd be fully against.  I mean, 1-5 paragraphs depending on the length of the scene I think would be fine.  I agree that pictures are more important.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: