Username:

Password:

Poll
Question: How do you prefer your petrified people?
With pupils, clothes not petrified. - 7 (15.9%)
Without pupils, clothes not petrified. . - 23 (52.3%)
With pupils, petrified clothes. - 4 (9.1%)
Without pupils, petrified clothes. - 10 (22.7%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About petrified people: Eyes and clothes  (Read 4963 times)
FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« on: September 08, 2014, 10:38:23 AM »

I was wondering... How do you prefer your petrification victims?

With no pupils but clothes untouched? With pupils and petrified clothes, like a real statue would look?

I know some contexts make one or another "feel better", like a gaze attack giving more room for unpetrified clothes, and something like a beam attack ending better with a full petrification, but this question is about your favourite choice, regardless of context.

About the eyes, one can think that "no pupils" is the "most realistic option", since the cornea is a flat spherical surface that would hide the eye if it was petrified, but the faces are more recognizable with pupils on the eyes, so some people may prefer to sacrifice "realism" for recognizability.

Please vote and leave a comment below explaining your choice if you feel like it. Thanks.  Smiley

If there's something about the poll that needs to be changed, let me know too!
Skynet
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 11:54:39 AM »

I'm fine with everything, but if you are asking for a preference, then it'll always be no pupils, but clothes untouched for me.

From my thoughts, the petrification wave only affects organic matter, so it would make more sense to me that only the body is petrified. Plus, since the pupil is inside the eyeball, the petrified eye would not allow the viewers to see the pupils clearly, although I like seeing petrified pupils too.

If I'm to be very honest, leaving the clothes unpetrified has its advantages IYKWIM  Tongue
mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 11:58:32 AM »

Well, ideally the resultant statue won't be wearing any clothes at all.  But if she is, then I prefer the clothes to be stone, too.  It wouldn't make much sense to put a statue on display if it were wearing regular clothing, now would it?

I also prefer blank, expressionless eyes without pupils, since it reinforces the fact the victim has lost their humanity.
applegate24
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 12:30:26 PM »

petrified clothes w/ or w/out pupil. i love it more if its an breath attack or a powder one rather than a gaze and with good stone sound effects 

They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same
tyvadi
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 05:01:17 PM »

Well, ideally the resultant statue won't be wearing any clothes at all.  But if she is, then I prefer the clothes to be stone, too.  It wouldn't make much sense to put a statue on display if it were wearing regular clothing, now would it?

I also prefer blank, expressionless eyes without pupils, since it reinforces the fact the victim has lost their humanity.

I agree with you thoughts about the eyes and about the silliness of putting a statue on display wearing clothes. However, I also like petrification that leaves the clothes normal for its versatility (implying that you could then undress the statue afterwards): http://link-hayashi.deviantart.com/art/Linkette-s-New-Masterpiece-137623739

I also occasionally like to see a statue where the clothes are decayed and torn, implying they were petrified on that spot and left for years and years: http://darkan-kana.deviantart.com/art/Art-Trade-lz0291-205239275?q=favby%3Atyvadi%2F6704256&qo=815

Its also nice when the petrification destroys the clothing, which is very convenient: http://theeasyraider.deviantart.com/art/wrong-spell-273509286?q=favby%3Atyvadi%2F6704256&qo=658
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 10:42:51 PM »

Almost always no pupils, stone clothes for me.  To me, the lack of pupils highlights the dramatic change from living person to stone statue, with the eyes full of fear becoming blank stone orbs no different than the stone making up the rest of the body.  Also, as mentioned by others, with stone clothes, the victim is merely a statue that can be passed off as the same as any other statue.

Rebellion
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 04:53:45 AM »

I prefer the victim to have their body and clothes (and any accessory and weapons they may be carrying and holding) be petrified given that the victim is a female;  the reason is that it would show what the victim's occupation was before she got turned into stone. As for the eyes, I initially prefer no pupils to but having pupils would show where the victim was looking at even if their face is facing forward or otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 04:55:35 AM by Rebellion » Logged
posyomismo
Gorgon Knight

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 05:29:09 PM »

This phrase expresses largely my opinion. Smiley That loss of humanity is for me one of the attractions of petrification.
As for clothes, I prefer not petrify, since, apart from that, aesthetically, I like more the result, my idea of ​​petrification affect only living matter, and clothing is not.
tj
Statue

elemental_aspect
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 06:40:59 PM »

Well considering the effort it can take to produce the art in the first place.  I like anything that has good quality to the work. My preference is for Normal Clothes with pupils.  So the clothes might be removed under the plot.

I respect that "without pupils" and "petrified clothing" is an artistic choice as creation time is reduced by reducing the number of tasks required in production.

Although I do like the effect of normal(brittle) or petrified clothing that crumbles away (plot device). I just often wonder if the clothes are petrified into a single unit... raster the layers to one. Then the clothes cannot be separated from the piece of art.

If the petrification, flows through the person, clothing and accessories what is to stop this effect from going into the ground? Perhaps those rubber sole shoes, but last I checked that only blocks for electricity. Perhaps we get a pedestal with the excess force multiplier. 

Food for thought,

TJ
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 12:44:28 AM by tj » Logged

Cheers, TJ
petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 05:45:31 AM »

Not kinda choosy over that....the petrification itself is a beauty anyway. But personally I like clothed ASFR victims compared to a nude one.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: