Username:

Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Petrifaction II (Work in Progress)  (Read 17320 times)
Skynet
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 01:21:01 AM »

The only immunity item against that boss is the Immune all ring that you can buy from the shop. But that would be pointless now would it? (Unless of course, you are investing some genuine effort in staying alive, but then again...)

And about the decrypter thing, after the decryption process, I assume that obviously I'll need a software to start this project you mentioned... but which one?
acbdefg
Medusa Golden Knight

My Lemonade!

Email
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 02:05:03 AM »

Well, I'm pretty sure I did manage to beat the boss legitimately once.  I used the capsule breakers and got lucky.  But, to be honest, why would you want to beat it?  The girls look much better as bronze statues anyway Cool

I couldn't remember whether I beat it or not... At least I succeeded in cracking the two capsules at the start. But yah, I'd prefer to just stay there and watch, which is a lot easier and more enjoyable. lol

The only immunity item against that boss is the Immune all ring that you can buy from the shop. But that would be pointless now would it? (Unless of course, you are investing some genuine effort in staying alive, but then again...)

And about the decrypter thing, after the decryption process, I assume that obviously I'll need a software to start this project you mentioned... but which one?

The immune ring won't work either. And if you equip it you'll need some other equipment in order to stay alive...

For Petrifaction 1 you need RPG Maker XP. For the upcoming 2, it's RPG Maker VX Ace.

Waiting for the final exams... (Judgement?)

Embrace the coming summer holiday of statuary!!
petrify
Gorgon Knight

You are slowing down

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2014, 11:18:26 PM »

New video up on his blog. Not really any interesting effects but he has 2 new girls, which is exciting. If he is planning on using all of the girls in his pixiv account as playable characters it may be a while until he finishes drawing everything, given how many status effects there are.
acbdefg
Medusa Golden Knight

My Lemonade!

Email
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 10:25:28 AM »

New video up on his blog. Not really any interesting effects but he has 2 new girls, which is exciting. If he is planning on using all of the girls in his pixiv account as playable characters it may be a while until he finishes drawing everything, given how many status effects there are.

He did plan for having all four girls in the game. After all an RPG Maker game would usually feature four characters... lol

Waiting for the final exams... (Judgement?)

Embrace the coming summer holiday of statuary!!
petrify
Gorgon Knight

You are slowing down

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 06:48:59 PM »

4? There are like 10 main girls in his pixiv account. The question is which are playable. I just hope the black haired girl becomes a playable character.
silvery
Medusa Golden Knight

^Yay! Osmium.

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 09:05:41 PM »

4? There are like 10 main girls in his pixiv account. The question is which are playable. I just hope the black haired girl becomes a playable character.

Maybe the party members are interchangeable. Like swapping characters in and out and stuff.
mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 09:29:51 PM »

From what I can gather, he intends to have 10 playable party members, though only 4 can be used in battle at a time.  Check out this blog entry, where it shows screen shots of 10 party members in a line while walking around.
http://madasama.blog28.fc2.com/blog-entry-682.html
voltronzilla
Statue

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 12:36:27 PM »

So I bought the original game on DLSite, but I can't get it to play with the original RGSS100J.dll file for some reason.  I keep getting that "RGSS Player has stopped working" message even when I switch to Japanese Unicode and change the DEP settings in Windows 7.  I finally got it to load by going in the .ini file and telling it to use RGSS102E.dll, but that makes all of the Japanese text invisible.  I also tried replacing my copy of RGSS100J.dll and I still get invisible text.

The only exception is during that text crawl after fighting the wax girl.  That appears in perfect Japanese.  huh.

Does anyone have the English patch that was posted in this thread?  http://medusaprojectonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=1208.0  The link is dead.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 05:59:17 PM by voltronzilla » Logged
stiltzkinator
Gorgon Knight

Email
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2015, 06:46:22 AM »

I notice this topic has been more or less idle for about a year now, but it looks like the game is coming relatively close to completion. At the very least, based on what I could gather, it seems that the art assets are more or less done, and now it's just the systems being worked on.
petrify
Gorgon Knight

You are slowing down

Email
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2015, 03:36:23 AM »

Yeah, I'm hoping it won't be too much longer, not like any of us really care if the gameplay is anything special as long as it works. I wouldn't mind if he took a bit of extra time on the story/scenarios.
swpkmn
Statue

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2017, 01:05:30 AM »

I thought I should post to let people know that a demo for this game became available within the past few weeks, which can be downloaded from the blog referenced in the first post. It looks like the game is still being developed.

Also, does anyone still have the original Petrifaction? I can't find it anywhere, and the demo on DLsite doesn't even work.
arc
Gorgon Warrior

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2017, 11:19:35 AM »

Tried the demo, looks like a lot of effort was poured in it...
The only gripe I have is the artwork, with character's body(mostly face) frequently show disproportionate deform that I can't stand watching them...
Night
Statue

Email
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2017, 11:56:12 PM »

wow its been a long time since I've been here.
I forgot I even had this on my hard drive (though I am now reminded on how poor the english is in this game), enjoy
Petrifaction "English ver"
https://mega.nz/#!pqw1kIjT!EHCKTBM7eBnQNrqxvUQY9oPv29VZcEmxX0GeRTKEYu4
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:06:26 AM by Night » Logged
teslaboy
Statue

Email
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2017, 07:34:19 AM »

wow its been a long time since I've been here.
I forgot I even had this on my hard drive (though I am now reminded on how poor the english is in this game), enjoy
Petrifaction "English ver"
https://mega.nz/#!pqw1kIjT!EHCKTBM7eBnQNrqxvUQY9oPv29VZcEmxX0GeRTKEYu4

Just downloaded and installed this, but there doesn't seem to be any text. Just a bunch of empty boxes. Did I install this wrong?
Night
Statue

Email
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2017, 11:19:57 AM »

Its a bug with the game, you may need to change your settings and local to japan or japanese (can't remember which, its been a long while since I dealt with this) then reinstall. Some old RPGmaker games (and this one is pretty old as they come) had issues if you installed them without setting your computer to certain settings first. Also I believe there are instructions on how to fix this issue in the original Petrifaction tread
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: