Username:

Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Petrifaction II (Work in Progress)  (Read 17315 times)
petrify
Gorgon Knight

You are slowing down

Email
« on: January 20, 2014, 10:19:55 PM »

I've been following this guy's blog (http://madasama.blog28.fc2.com/) and he has been making good progress on Petrifaction II it seems. He just released a video of a battle with cockatrices the other day. I'm unsure if he's going to add all the girls he has illustrated in his pixiv account as playable characters... I sure hope he does. It would be a shame if they are simply enemies.

Anyways, don't want to get your hopes up too high too fast, since it still could be a long while until he completes creation of the game.
FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 06:46:17 AM »

Time to wait. Let's hope the final game delivers.
mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 08:30:10 AM »

I think my favorite thing about that video is that when her arms got turned to stone her regular attacks no longer worked.  It makes sense - if most of your body is petrified you aren't going to be hitting anything with a sword, after all.
acbdefg
Medusa Golden Knight

My Lemonade!

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 11:47:55 AM »

I think my favorite thing about that video is that when her arms got turned to stone her regular attacks no longer worked.  It makes sense - if most of your body is petrified you aren't going to be hitting anything with a sword, after all.

But game-wise, this would certainly increase the difficulties a bit... Well, since we're seeking defeat, perhaps the difficulties are lowered in this sense... lol

Waiting for the final exams... (Judgement?)

Embrace the coming summer holiday of statuary!!
Skynet
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 12:13:09 PM »

Time to prioritize anti-status equipment then~

But as far as I know, Gagyou isn't diabolical enough to feature more than 4 enemies on screen? I heard this would go above what RPG Ace VX can handle, based on the games I've played before using this engine.
acbdefg
Medusa Golden Knight

My Lemonade!

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 01:27:44 PM »

Time to prioritize anti-status equipment then~

But as far as I know, Gagyou isn't diabolical enough to feature more than 4 enemies on screen? I heard this would go above what RPG Ace VX can handle, based on the games I've played before using this engine.

I've experimented a bit, and VX Ace is fine with more than 4 enemies. The upper limit is 8 as it is in XP. In Petrifaction 1 there are groups of 8 solidifying enemies and I'm kind of looking forward to seeing them again. lol

mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 02:30:34 PM »

Honestly, I'm willing for the game to be a bit harder and to perhaps have some cheap deaths, if it means it's possible for a group of enemies to ambush my party and petrify them before they have any chance to react.

Overall I'm looking forward to the game, though I'm not too keen on the new status effects involving guro that were showcased on his pixiv - there's one of the girl being burnt to a crisp and another of her being beheaded/dismembered.  Hopefully we'll be able to avoid enemies that do those statuses or there's an option to turn them off. 
acbdefg
Medusa Golden Knight

My Lemonade!

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 02:54:36 PM »

Honestly, I'm willing for the game to be a bit harder and to perhaps have some cheap deaths, if it means it's possible for a group of enemies to ambush my party and petrify them before they have any chance to react.

Overall I'm looking forward to the game, though I'm not too keen on the new status effects involving guro that were showcased on his pixiv - there's one of the girl being burnt to a crisp and another of her being beheaded/dismembered.  Hopefully we'll be able to avoid enemies that do those statuses or there's an option to turn them off. 

Well, I think there were almost instant defeats in the earlier game. A boss that would turn your heroines into bronze statues (not the usual one), and at the beginning two of your heroines would be sealed in capsules (will be turned to bronze next turn). The boss is invulnerable I guess...

And I don't like the guro type status either. But there could be ways to edit it. I've edited the earlier game a lot, and I think this one could be edited as well.

mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 03:40:23 PM »

Ah, yes, I remember that boss, it was one of my favorites.  Though it could be beaten by just giving yourself bronze statue immunity.

Out of curiosity, what kind of edits did you make to the original game?
acbdefg
Medusa Golden Knight

My Lemonade!

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 06:09:32 PM »

Ah, yes, I remember that boss, it was one of my favorites.  Though it could be beaten by just giving yourself bronze statue immunity.

Not anything big though. Just like making the bosses use the stronger version of attack every time (so all girls would be solidified at the same time... I love group scenes. lol), and opening a special area for boss only, and increasing the chance of meeting that 8 monster group, etc. Oh, the bronze boss I mentioned before was edited to using four capsules at the same time. XD

acbdefg
Medusa Golden Knight

My Lemonade!

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 06:13:59 PM »

Btw, I tried with bronze immunty equipments and they don't seem to work with capsules. XD

mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 07:42:21 PM »

Hmm, I guess I was remembering wrong then.  I thought I had found a way to make that boss not work, but maybe I was thinking of the non-boss version you could get in random encounters. 

Those edits you made sound right up my alley, however.  I remember trying to game the system to get bosses to use their hit-all attacks to take out all four girls at once.  I would use those items that inflict a status effect on your own teammates, and try to time it so they were all at 2/3s petrified when those attacks went off.  I've spent more time that I'd care to admit in a whole bunch of different rpgs just trying to set up that perfect petrification scene.
Skynet
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 08:29:02 PM »

Hmm, if I were to ask... how do you exactly modify the game itself though?
acbdefg
Medusa Golden Knight

My Lemonade!

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 10:16:44 PM »

Hmm, I guess I was remembering wrong then.  I thought I had found a way to make that boss not work, but maybe I was thinking of the non-boss version you could get in random encounters. 

Those edits you made sound right up my alley, however.  I remember trying to game the system to get bosses to use their hit-all attacks to take out all four girls at once.  I would use those items that inflict a status effect on your own teammates, and try to time it so they were all at 2/3s petrified when those attacks went off.  I've spent more time that I'd care to admit in a whole bunch of different rpgs just trying to set up that perfect petrification scene.

Yah, that boss just seems to be unbeatable... Well, considering at least we have the capsule breakers (only 50% chance though), maybe with luck we could still beat it... I've never tried. lol

Hmm... I tried working like what you have described at first, but later I find that editing is way easier. With it I could simply wait three turns and the scene would be done perfectly. XD

Hmm, if I were to ask... how do you exactly modify the game itself though?

Use a decrypter to unpack the data file, and then you start a new project, put every unpacked data in it. Then you could just edit the game like you've built it yourself.

mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 10:41:39 PM »

Well, I'm pretty sure I did manage to beat the boss legitimately once.  I used the capsule breakers and got lucky.  But, to be honest, why would you want to beat it?  The girls look much better as bronze statues anyway Cool
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: