Username:

Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: The Labyrinth (Game)  (Read 110544 times)
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight
**
Posts: 763



WWW Email
« on: December 07, 2013, 07:48:28 PM »

Note:  This thread is only for the actual story-related posts.  The only people who should post in here are the current active players and myself.  To sign up for the Labyrinth or have out of character questions/discussions, please post in the discussion thread: (http://medusaprojectonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=2795.0)

Turn 0

A brown stone ceiling.  The crackling of fire.  These are the first things each of the three girls see and hear as they awaken in a room none had recalled ever seeing before let alone entering.  As each one wakes, they quickly notice they are not alone.  Not only did they not recognize each other, but they each appeared wildly different from one another.  They each arise and stand over the stone slab that had apparently served as their bed as they were sleeping.  Each ponders exactly where they were, how they got there, who these other girls are, and most importantly, how they are going to get back home.

But first things first:  Perhaps introductions are in order?  They are, after all, apparently going to be spending a lot of time together.  Or maybe they should just get down to business and start looking for a way out of this room?

Current Room: http://i.imgur.com/U1h0hsE.png

Current Players
CharactersPlayersStatus
MelfymangomanStanding by stone slab
Yuki StokerRebellionStanding by stone slab
RikaSkynetStanding by stone slab

---

Turn 1

Quote from: Rika
(Nnngghh... where am I? The last thing I remembered is that I touched an ancient-looking piece of rock for an experiment, then suddenly everything went black...

Anyway, how long was it that I've been here? ... Never mind, I think I'll figure that out once I know how I got here in the first place. Speaking of which, who are the two girls? Are they my new roommates...? Not likely, I don't think a room like this really exists in the school's dormitories? Or does it? At any rate, perhaps it's really the best of me to introduce myself?)


"Um... hello. My name is Rika, and I'm from the Red Division. Mind if I know your names, and which division are you from...?"
Quote from: Yuki
(Wha... what is this place, w-where am I, where's my sword? Grr, I shouldn't have followed that monster...

Ugh, it seems that I am not alone here and one of them even began to ask a question. Not that I like it but I guess it is better than being stuck here alone and go insane.)


"M..my name is Yuki Stoker, just a wanderer and sorry, I don't know what is this "division" you are asking Rika... "

Yuki walks towards Rika, who is still standing beside her stone bed.

Quote from: Melfy
(Huh?  Where the heck am I?  We were in the ruins, there was a bright light and... now I'm here, I guess. Those two girls look just as confused as me, so I guess we're in the same boat.)

"I'm Melfy, an adventurer from the Rabbit's Foot guild in Ravenhold. Sorry, never heard of this Red Division, is that a type of guild or something? The last thing I remember was exploring some ruins with my guildmates, then I woke up here. While I'd be more than happy to get to know the both of you under normal circumstances, I think we'd better try to figure out what's going on here first.  Are you guys okay with working together, at least until we get out of here?"
Quote from: Yuki
(Uh-huh.... so this other girl, Melfy asks for cooperation, usually I never cooperate with other people and do things on my own, but given the situation, I guess I have no choice, like as if I have any.)

"I don't mind working with you two, as if we have other choices. Anyways, your name is Melfy right, so what is your plan?"
Quote from: Melfy
(This girl Yuki gets right to the point, doesn't she.  That's good, it'll make things easier.  I'm worried about my other guild members, so I want to get out of here quickly)

"Well, first things first, we have to get out of this room.  I don't know who or what put us in here, but I doubt they're just going to let us go.  I'll start by examining the door over there to see if we can get it open. If you two don't mind, maybe you can check around the room, and see if there's anything we can use as a weapon?"

Melfy walks to the door on the north wall of the room and examined it closely.  It is made of stone much like almost everything else in the room.  There's no indication of a handle or door knob anywhere.  In fact, the only thing on the entire visible surface of the door is a carved line that appears more decorative than anything else.  The door fits tightly against the wall and floor, and there appears to be no place to get a good grip.

Quote from: Rika
"Melty and Yuki... got it. I will be in your utmost care - pleased to me you.

Well, utility is the most important thing, I say we take everything we can use to our disposal... Melty, I'll be right with you soon with the door."

Yuki moves to allow Rika to leave her spot beside her bed.  Rika walks up towards the torch in the northwest corner of the room and attempts to take it.  However, it's squeezed so tightly into a metal bracket bolted into the wall that she is unable to take it.

Start posting all actions and dialog for turn 2 now.

Current Room: http://i.imgur.com/bOca9wh.png

Current Players
CharactersPlayersStatus
MelfymangomanExamining door.
Yuki StokerRebellionStanding near where Rika had been, having moved to allow Rika to get out.
RikaSkynetStanding near northwest torch, having failed to take it.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 07:55:02 PM by StoneLad » Logged

mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight
**
Posts: 441


Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 08:31:06 PM »

"Hmm.  Not that I'm surprised, but this door doesn't look like it be can opened in any normal way.  That means either it only opens from the other side, in which case all we can do is wait for someone to let us out, or there's some other mechanism hidden in here somewhere that can open it.  From the looks of it, we're in some sort of ancient dungeon or something, and those always have all kinds of secret passages and hidden switches. My suggestion would be we spread out and look for secrets hidden in here.  The most suspicious looking spots to me are the two differently colored bricks in the north wall, and the two raised platforms in the Northeast and Southeast corners. 

...Of course, any hidden switches we find could just as likely trigger deadly traps than let us out, so maybe you two want to just hang tight and see what happens?  I don't want to be responsible for getting you two killed..."
Logged
Skynet
Medusa Golden Knight
**
Posts: 413


« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 11:32:43 PM »

"Well, the two bricks might be the switch to open the door... but don't you think it's odd that the orange-colored one is placed a lot higher than this gray brick I can press? That, and the brick is placed above the northeast switch, it's as if someone is expecting the person pressing the brick to fall down and land on the switch instead..."

"But that's just me thinking; likewise, these switches look too conveniently placed. Again, it's as if someone is expecting us to just stand on them and expect something to happen... with that in mind, I think we can try Melty's idea on pressing the two bricks... better yet, I think we might need to press both of them together. I'll standby to press the gray button."

Logged
Rebellion
Medusa Golden Knight
**
Posts: 379



Email
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 08:06:32 AM »

"Melfy, I don't trust these bricks; the gray button placed lower? I bet that it is a deadly trap and the orange one, well it is strange it is placed up there. You maybe right that we should press the bricks at the same time but I... I just don't know, I just have a bad feeling about the bricks... you know what, I'll take the risk, I'll press the orange button now, sorry guys and if anything happens, I'll accept the responsibility"

<start action>walks towards the orange brick and prepares to press it<end action>

"Rika, Melfy, I am sorry..."


« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 10:30:46 AM by Rebellion » Logged
Skynet
Medusa Golden Knight
**
Posts: 413


« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 12:06:43 PM »

<Start Action> Raises hand to get ready to press the button on Yuki's mark. <End Action>
Logged
mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight
**
Posts: 441


Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 12:54:33 PM »

Quote
Uwaa, I guess they're just gonna go for it.  I guess neither of them are experienced adventurers, just pushing stuff randomly when there might be traps is a recipe for disaster.  But it's not like we have any other choice, I doubt whoever or whatever it was that trapped us in here is just going to let us go. 

"Um, okay, if you're both fine with it, I guess we can give it a go.  Honestly it's not like we even know if touching those tiles is gonna do anything, but just in case I'll stand back and keep an eye out for any traps." 

<Start Action> Move back to center of room, and get prepared to react to anything that happens <End Action>
Logged
Rebellion
Medusa Golden Knight
**
Posts: 379



Email
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 05:23:03 PM »

Quote
Why did I suddenly decided to push the brick, I don't know, but Melfy seems very surprised about this, but thinking everything over spends more time and we may end up not doing anything at all, besides this place is freaking creepy."

"Melfy, I'm sorry for my rash decision but I have got used to being alone and this is actually my first time in a dungeon, seriously, this place is already creeping me out."

"anyways, Rika get ready, I'll press it on 3...2...1..."
Logged
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight
**
Posts: 763



WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 08:53:05 PM »

Turn 2

Rika raises her hand in preparation to touch the grey brick.  Yuki stands before the orange brick in preparation to jump up and touch it.  Melfy stands back and watches, prepared for anything that may happen.

Please review the new rule change in the discussion thread and then post your actions/dialog for turn 3

http://medusaprojectonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=2795.msg15977#msg15977

Current Room: http://i.imgur.com/IBP7TSD.png

Current Players
CharactersPlayersStatus
MelfymangomanStanding in the center of the room
Yuki StokerRebellionStanding by, ready to touch the orange brick
RikaSkynetStanding by, ready to touch the gray brick
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 09:01:17 PM by StoneLad » Logged

Rebellion
Medusa Golden Knight
**
Posts: 379



Email
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 09:10:43 PM »

Quote
I just hope I get this on one jump, I can't risk having only one of the brick-buttons being press. Who ever place that orange brick must really suck at architecture...

Now Rika, press it! Press that brick!

<Start action>Jumps to press the button...<End action>
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 09:13:26 PM by Rebellion » Logged
mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight
**
Posts: 441


Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 09:55:47 PM »

Quote
Well, here goes.  Hope this will open the door out and NOT get us all killed.

<Start action> Continue being prepared <End Action>
Logged
Skynet
Medusa Golden Knight
**
Posts: 413


« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 10:47:07 PM »

"Got it, here goes nothing!"

<Start action> Presses the grey brick (button?) <End Action>
Logged
Rebellion
Medusa Golden Knight
**
Posts: 379



Email
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 12:09:28 AM »

Quote
I wonder, are those bricks rigged with trap or not? It is strange that bricks would be used as buttons

"Melfy, Rika, brace yourselves, anything can happen now..."

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 05:16:02 PM by Rebellion » Logged
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight
**
Posts: 763



WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 07:28:42 PM »

I'm going to assume everyone is done with their turns since nobody has posted in a while, but as I stated in the last rule change in the discussion thread linked to in the previous turn post, please end all of your turns with <end turn> from now on to avoid any confusion.

Turn 3

Rika and Yuki push on their respective bricks in nearly perfect unison.  However, they do not budge and nothing appears to happen.

Please post your actions/dialog for turn 4.

Current Room: http://i.imgur.com/g2U4HO4.png

Current Players
CharactersPlayersStatus
MelfymangomanStanding in the center of the room
Yuki StokerRebellionStanding in the northeast corner of the room
RikaSkynetStanding in the northwest corner of the room
Logged

mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight
**
Posts: 441


Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2013, 08:52:54 PM »

"Hmm, nothing seemed to happen...

On the bright side, that means we didn't trip any traps, but it means we're still stuck in here.  I wonder if there even IS a way out of here, or if we're just stuck until someone lets us out.  Do either of you have any ideas?"
Logged
Rebellion
Medusa Golden Knight
**
Posts: 379



Email
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 07:25:56 AM »

Quote
Guess we're going to be stuck here for a while. If we just have something that can smash that door...

"I'm sorry Melfy but I have no more ideas. Anyways, I'm just going to sit at that pedestal near me and maybe I can think of any ideas...or maybe Rika has an idea or something..."

<start action>Sits down at the pedestal near her<end action>
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 07:51:19 AM by Rebellion » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28
  Print  
 
Jump to: