Username:

Password:

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Labyrinth (Discussion)  (Read 129267 times)
mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #420 on: January 11, 2015, 06:43:36 PM »

I second the motion.  I'd love to hear what other kinds of things you had planned, what would have happened with traps that were avoided, that sort of thing.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #421 on: January 11, 2015, 07:48:47 PM »

I'm not going to reveal some of my other plans in case I decide to reuse them elsewhere someday, but I can tell you a few things.

For the next turn, Rika would have made it to the switch.  The floor would have emitted its usual electricity and the naga would have been caught by it, turning into a glass statue.  I started to make actual artwork of this but never finished it.  Having all three characters on all three switches at the same time would have opened the main door thus finishing the first floor.

Now, should things have gone...differently, here's the things you missed regarding transformations or items along with the transformations you did find and I have more to say about:

1) In the very first room of the game, had nobody unlocked the door within 10 turns, fog would have enveloped the room turning everybody to stone.  Basically, I figured there's so little things to do in that room that had you not solved it in that number of turns, we would have seriously needed a new group of people XD
2) In the second room (The one with the four paths and the sound stone), had somebody sat on the little stool on the right while the other players were not in the room, the doors would have locked and the lights would have gone out.  Once one of the other players returned, they would find the player on the stool turned to stone.  I didn't think anybody would ever find this, but it would have been a nice surprise had they indeed found it.
3) The first room with statues in it was always planned to have pedestals that turned you to stone.  However, people were getting anxious to see someone lose, so I added the strange brick on the wall above one of the pedestals thinking Yuki would take the bait.  She did.
4) The tapestry room where Melfy turned to stone was planned to be the failsafe room where someone would definitely turn to stone because there'd be no way to see what was coming until it already happened.  I figured you need someone like that so the characters have no doubts as to what the risks are.
5) The first switch room is intentionally placed long before you ever needed the switches to show backtracking was going to be part of the game.  Also, the electricity in all three rooms would have turned you to glass.
6) In the bedroom, had somebody been left in the bed with nobody else in the room for 2 turns straight, they would have fallen asleep and turned into a stuffed doll.  Rika was dangerously close to this but Link came into the room at the last second.
7) In the room with the statue holding the key, trying to grab the key normally would have caused the statue to touch you and turn you to stone.  Had Link continued holding on to the broom, she too would have turned to stone.
8 ) The naga wakes up if she hears anybody talking.  This also includes hearing somebody through the sound stone one room away.  The hallway before the naga room was intended to make separating players easier so hearing through the sound stone would be less likely.  Had she heard the player, the door would have locked and she would have given one person a big ol petrifying hug.  Had more than one player been in the room at the same time while she was awake, the other players could have been free to flip the switch and turn the naga to glass, but not before the naga petrified one of the players.
9) The bookshelf in the bedroom actually contained a map on the first floor with cryptic clues on how to get the key from the statue and the location of all three buttons.  It also would have contained the first journal entry offering backstory on the Labyrinth.  All of these journal entries would have been required to beat the game, and every floor would have at least one rest room (similar to the starting room) where new players would start along with portals to fast travel between rest points to make gathering journal entries easier.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 07:53:16 PM by StoneLad » Logged

mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #422 on: January 11, 2015, 08:18:23 PM »

Interesting stuff.  I am kind of wishing we wasted a -little- bit more time in that first room, if the plan was to doom us all for being so cautious and hesitant to touch those buttons XD  Also I am a mite bit sad that the cute naga would have been defeated, without taking anyone with her   Cry

So was there no traps with the table and chairs in the tapestry room?  I thought for sure that was the most suspicious place that we never really looked too hard at.  Melfy probably would have looked into that, eventually, had she not met a rather unfortunate fate before getting the chance  Smiley

Anyway, allow me to just say thanks, one last time, for all the effort you put into this game.  I enjoyed it immensely, and participating in it was one of the catalysts to inspire me to get more involved in the community!  I am sad to see it officially ended, though I perfectly understand since it was no longer enjoyable for you to work on.  Best of luck on any projects you work on in the future!
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #423 on: January 11, 2015, 08:20:52 PM »

There were no traps with the table and chairs in that room.  There actually would have been a trapped one later on which had a tablecloth that would have extended to the floor so as to not reveal it was actually not a table at all.

Also, thanks for the compliments!  My goal was to make the community more active, but it's too bad it ended up working against me because I had to keep my mouth shut to avoid spoilers. XD

Linkrlz
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #424 on: January 11, 2015, 08:40:21 PM »

It definitely was fun while it lasted  Smiley My goal was to not have Link lose and I guess I accomplished that so yay
chilldon
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #425 on: January 11, 2015, 09:14:58 PM »

I don't know why I never thought about looking at the books on the bookshelf. I would've loved some backstory on the place, oh well Roll Eyes. Thanks for all the hard work you put on this, it was fun.
mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #426 on: January 11, 2015, 10:10:33 PM »

It definitely was fun while it lasted  Smiley My goal was to not have Link lose and I guess I accomplished that so yay

That's funny, because my hope was the game would at least go on long enough so that Link -would- lose.  Alas, it seems my desires will never come true  Grin
Linkrlz
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #427 on: January 11, 2015, 11:24:04 PM »

It definitely was fun while it lasted  Smiley My goal was to not have Link lose and I guess I accomplished that so yay

That's funny, because my hope was the game would at least go on long enough so that Link -would- lose.  Alas, it seems my desires will never come true  Grin
I laugh at your failure  Wink
Skynet
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #428 on: January 11, 2015, 11:31:10 PM »

I can only imagine Rika's luck in the ASFR field - that's quite a handful of close calls she avoided. And I meant that as a bad thing, seeing that I tried some of the actions on purpose, frankly speaking.
Rebellion
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #429 on: January 12, 2015, 10:39:14 AM »

looks like only less than five feel victims to the labyrinth
Petriflad
Gorgon Knight

« Reply #430 on: January 19, 2015, 11:03:25 PM »

I suppose the only thing I regret not seeing is a full party wipe heh. But all good, I enjoyed reading the whole thing!
tj
Statue

elemental_aspect
« Reply #431 on: January 28, 2015, 08:25:31 PM »

I suppose the only thing I regret not seeing is a full party wipe heh. But all good, I enjoyed reading the whole thing!
*Laughs*  Votes +1

Cheers, TJ
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]
  Print  

Jump to: