Username:

Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29
  Print  
Author Topic: The Labyrinth (Discussion)  (Read 129268 times)
tyvadi
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 02:16:35 AM »

Sounds like fun. Guess I'll throw my hat in the ring as well, so to speak.

Name: Alaia Caltor

Personality: Alaia is optimistic, headstrong and warm. She can be impatient and hotheaded, but never rude or grating. She has a bit of a lone wolf streak but only because so few people can keep up with her manic pace and waiting drives her crazy. She’s courageous, which makes her determined but more than a little cocky. She’s also not particularly smart; she gets through school with decent grades through diligence, not genius. The one mental task that she excels at is solving puzzles. She’s athletic and sporty and gets a kind of “runner’s high” from exercising and performing risky stunts and acrobatics. Any kind of physical challenge naturally excites her.

Skills and Abilities: Alaia has no supernatural abilities and has had no contact with the paranormal before, at least that she was aware of (there was that one time she caught Mary Williams making out with a statue in the art classroom, but she just brushed it off as her going through a phase). She is naturally talented through in a few areas though. She’s fast. Very fast. In a dead sprint she can reach speeds around 30 feet/second or 20 mph. She practiced both track and gymnastics for several years as a kid before finding a way to combine them in the form of free running. She’s gotten good enough to wall run or clear obstacles much taller than herself without much loss of momentum.

Appearance: Alaia is tall (5’7”) and in extremely good shape. She has long, blonde hair that she keeps in a ponytail that fans out behind her head and green eyes. She has very little body fat and tends to dress in tight athletic clothes, although she usually keeps a sweatshirt tied around her waist.
Reference:

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 01:39:37 PM by tyvadi » Logged
mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 06:14:50 AM »

D'aww, lookit Melfy's cute little sprite there.  This seems like its gonna be fun.  My first time really doing anything RP related on the interwebs, so hopefully I won't get poor Melfy killed too soon (a least not in a way that doesn't leave behind a cute statue, at least). 

Just to confirm, what counts as special powers?  Normally I'd say Melfy is better-than-human at hearing or smelling, since she's a wolf-girl, but I guess for the sake of the game she won't be any better than a normal person?  My guess is you want all the players on a more or less even playing field.  I'd assume saying she's in above average physical shape, or has good dexterity/agility is okay?  She's lived as an adventurer, so saying she's more fit than a couch potato seems fair. 
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 08:12:17 AM »

Yeah, I more mean with respect to the game, I don't want anybody getting too much of an advantage over other players.  I mean, Melfy's senses probably wouldn't have been a big deal but I'll go ahead and say right now that this will be more about wit than physical ability.

StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 12:53:54 AM »

Turn 0

A brown stone ceiling.  The crackling of fire.  These are the first things each of the three girls see and hear as they awaken in a room none had recalled ever seeing before let alone entering.  As each one wakes, they quickly notice they are not alone.  Not only did they not recognize each other, but they each appeared wildly different from one another.  They each arise and stand over the stone slab that had apparently served as their bed as they were sleeping.  Each ponders exactly where they were, how they got there, who these other girls are, and most importantly, how they are going to get back home.

But first things first:  Perhaps introductions are in order?  They are, after all, apparently going to be spending a lot of time together.  Or maybe they should just get down to business and start looking for a way out of this room?

Please start entering your actions/dialog for turn 1 now.

Current Room: http://i.imgur.com/U1h0hsE.png

Current Players
CharactersPlayersStatus
MelfymangomanStanding by stone slab
Yuki StokerRebellionStanding by stone slab
RikaSkynetStanding by stone slab

Waiting List
1) Link/Linkrlz
2) Alaia Caltor/tyvadi

Author Notes
Please excuse any writing issues I have or anything I seem to forget to point out.  Keep in mind I'm also new to this and I'm hoping this'll get smoother as we get further underway.

Skynet
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2013, 01:11:54 AM »

"Nnngghh... where am I? The last thing I remembered is that I touched an ancient-looking piece of rock for an experiment, then suddenly everything went black...

Anyway, how long was it that I've been here? ... Never mind, I think I'll figure that out once I know how I got here in the first place. Speaking of which, who are the two girls? Are they my new roommates...? Not likely, I don't think a room like this really exists in the school's dormitories? Or does it? At any rate, perhaps it's really the best of me to introduce myself?

"Um... hello. My name is Rika, and I'm from the Red Division. Mind if I know your names, and which division are you from...?"
ILMOL
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2013, 01:14:23 AM »

hey um do you think it would be a good idea if we posted all our characters and activity movements info on this page and you post the story  on a different page so our posts and the story don't get jumbled and mixed up?
Rebellion
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 02:16:17 AM »

Wha... what is this place, w-where am I, where's my sword? Grr, I shouldn't have followed that monster...

Ugh, it seems that I am not alone here and one of them even began to ask a question. Not that I like it but I guess it is better than being stuck here alone and go insane.

M..my name is Yuki Stoker, just a wanderer <start action>walks towards to Rika<end action> and sorry, I don't know what is this "division" you are asking Rika...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 10:14:45 AM by Rebellion » Logged
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2013, 08:02:41 AM »

hey um do you think it would be a good idea if we posted all our characters and activity movements info on this page and you post the story  on a different page so our posts and the story don't get jumbled and mixed up?
I'd think a link would be more likely to get lost in the mix than a long post.

mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 08:04:00 AM »

Huh?  Where the heck am I?  We were in the ruins, there was a bright light and... now I'm here, I guess. Those two girls look just as confused as me, so I guess we're in the same boat.

"I'm Melfy, an adventurer from the Rabbit's Foot guild in Ravenhold. Sorry, never heard of this Red Division, is that a type of guild or something? The last thing I remember was exploring some ruins with my guildmates, then I woke up here. While I'd be more than happy to get to know the both of you under normal circumstances, I think we'd better try to figure out what's going on here first.  Are you guys okay with working together, at least until we get out of here?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 08:05:56 AM by mangoman » Logged
Rebellion
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 10:29:28 AM »

Uh-huh.... so this other girl, Melfy asks for cooperation, usually I never cooperate with other people and do things on my own, but given the situation, I guess I have no choice, like as if I have any.

I don't mind working with you two, as if we have other choices. Anyways, your name is Melfy right, so what is your plan?

---------------
@Stonelad:

I'm not sure but in the rules, it states that maximum of two posts per turn for the  character's interaction with others, so basically, we can only make two posts per turn right?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:05:54 AM by Rebellion » Logged
mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 02:57:28 PM »

This girl Yuki gets right to the point, doesn't she.  That's good, it'll make things easier.  I'm worried about my other guild members, so I want to get out of here quickly

"Well, first things first, we have to get out of this room.  I don't know who or what put us in here, but I doubt they're just going to let us go.  I'll start by examining the door over there to see if we can get it open. If you two don't mind, maybe you can check around the room, and see if there's anything we can use as a weapon?"

<Start action> Walk over to the door at top of screen and examine it <End action>
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 08:12:39 PM »

I'm not sure but in the rules, it states that maximum of two posts per turn for the  character's interaction with others, so basically, we can only make two posts per turn right?

I do feel like I poorly explained this bit so let me say that at max, you can talk with other characters twice and take an action.  Talking 3 times results in the turn being taken.  So, you've talked two times and taken an action so you are done.  Same goes for mangoman.  Skynet can talk once and act once or talk two more times.

Also, I am trying to think of a better way so we can have character actions and the story be in the same place while questions and out of character stuff appear elsewhere.  If a mod/admin sees this, can I go ahead and make another thread for this game?  One for out of character questions, new character signup, and other general discussion and one for character actions and story?

Until I hear back, please post all actions and in-character discussion in bold like so.

Skynet
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2013, 08:52:21 PM »

"Melty and Yuki... got it. I will be in your utmost care - pleased to me you.

Well, utility is the most important thing, I say we take everything we can use to our disposal... Melty, I'll be right with you soon with the door.

<Start action> Walk to the upper left corner and attempts to take the torch <End action>

-------
(Out of game chat)

@StoneLad
I reckon we should. Jumbling everything inside here will make everything look messier.
Rebellion
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2013, 09:18:49 AM »

@stonelad:

A separate thread is better, I have seen this type of Forum RPG game in another forum that I usually go to before, one thread is for the character interactions while the other is for questions about the Forum RPG
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2013, 09:42:01 PM »

Yeah, I'll make the separate thread once I'm done with the next update and am ready to post it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29
  Print  

Jump to: