Username:

Password:

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone interested in translating a manga or two from the 固め屋本舗 series?  (Read 7355 times)
bububub2
Medusa Golden Knight

« on: March 25, 2013, 01:57:54 AM »

I have wanted to know what was going on in some of the comics in the     
固め屋本舗 asfr manga series for some time, and I was wondering if anyone here could be able to translate them for me, I have the images for anyone willing to try! Cheesy
edgarroni2002
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 03:25:55 PM »

I dont know what is this  Lips Sealed
mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 04:21:20 PM »

He's talking about this series of manga sold on DLsite:

http://www.dlsite.com/maniax/circle/profile/=/maker_id/RG07434.html

I believe they were collaborative projects between a number of artists in the Japanese asfr community.  I know a little Japanese, but am utter trash at Kanji, so unless I have the words in actual text format so I can paste them into a translator I can't really be much help.  It would take waay too long to do it otherwise.  Besides, the fact that these were sold for money would make me reluctant to distribute it anyway.
bububub2
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 02:30:55 AM »

I hadn't really thought about distributing the whole things around, I was just kinda hoping that there was someone around who could just translate word balloons for me in one or two of the comic sections of it.  It wasn't my intention to undermine the Japanese artists' work.   
me44
Gorgon Warrior

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 02:37:49 AM »

Stupid question here, if wanted to buy them I would just use my regular credit card right? Its not like DVDs where I would need a get a Japanese one or anything?

Honestly have no Idea how I got here.
mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 07:29:18 AM »

I've had some issues using my Visa debit card on Japanese DLsite before.  It will take me through the whole purchasing process, then right at the end give me an error message that my card is no good or something.  Then when I come back a few months later it works.  Then a few months after that it doesn't work.  I had the same problem on the English DLsite, actually, but was able to find a workaround. 
Knite_0
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 05:04:20 PM »

I don't know about the whole comics but if you ask t-s-m he might be willing to translate the part he did in each.
acbdefg
Medusa Golden Knight

My Lemonade!

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 10:35:34 PM »

If you don't mind the slow speed, I could try a bit on the translation... You could find my email in my profile. XD

Waiting for the final exams... (Judgement?)

Embrace the coming summer holiday of statuary!!
Knite_0
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 01:08:08 AM »

If you don't mind the slow speed, I could try a bit on the translation... You could find my email in my profile. XD

Sweet, even if it takes months we'll all be grateful (I know some of the stories in those comics need some translation to enjoy them further)

Also if he's missing any I can supply the missing volumes
bububub2
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 01:46:11 AM »

Hey man, that would be great!  I'll send you the two issues that I was looking at translating and no worries, you can take as long as you want!  Also, which artist is  t-s-m?
acbdefg
Medusa Golden Knight

My Lemonade!

Email
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 04:26:49 AM »

Oh, btw, what should I do with the translated manga? I think it's not quite appropriate to directly upload it here due to copyright issue...

Cyrus
Gorgon Knight

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 05:12:25 AM »

Think just posting the translated text in a Word document would be fine.

CAN...YOU...DIG IT?
acbdefg
Medusa Golden Knight

My Lemonade!

Email
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 06:46:48 AM »

Think just posting the translated text in a Word document would be fine.

Hmm... This would be a good idea. I'm not good at editing the manga itself anyway...

bububub2
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 02:39:54 PM »

Yes, Cyrus knows my mind
Knite_0
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 12:54:22 AM »

Hey man, that would be great!  I'll send you the two issues that I was looking at translating and no worries, you can take as long as you want!  Also, which artist is  t-s-m?

http://t-s-m.deviantart.com/ timesignalman
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: