Username:

Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25
  Print  
Author Topic: About the "klmg" thread...  (Read 140617 times)
Skynet
Medusa Golden Knight

« on: March 02, 2013, 02:46:57 PM »

I'm sure some of you guys heard of this site before?

ttp://kmlg.jp/fd/18387496.htm/  (Remember to add the letter H back!)

I'd love to contribute my newest works there too to get an idea where I'm not good at. So yeah, call me an attention whore, but I really wanted to see just how the bloody hell they make their works with top-notch quality.

Problem is... I have no idea how to track their latest threads to keep myself updated.

Any ideas?

me44
Gorgon Warrior

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 11:33:32 PM »

Thanks for the share, but do you mind me asking why we need to put the h every time?

Honestly have no Idea how I got here.
Skynet
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 01:08:13 AM »

It's a matter of respect actually. For some odd reason, the Japanese folk don't seem to like people hotlinking URLs to their sites, which they are quite capable of tracking...

So yeah.
Cyrus
Gorgon Knight

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 04:30:04 AM »

I thought they were in the habit of doing it because a lot of Japanese web hosts automatically redirect to advertisements when hotlinked to.

CAN...YOU...DIG IT?
silvery
Medusa Golden Knight

^Yay! Osmium.

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 09:00:49 PM »

I don't know when exactly they'd start threads, but I rarely miss them because I check that one whole section of 2chan regularly (though "regularly" is quite an understatement here.) Let's just say I use brute force to search for it Wink

How about I post the link here (not hotlinking, of course) whenever I see one of them threads for the time being?

Oh, by the way, in case some don't know, the kmlg thing is just an archive. The real deal is in 2chan and those get deleted within days.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 09:02:22 PM by silvery » Logged
mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 11:21:56 PM »

I believe the threads show up every other saturday/sunday.  A good place to find the archived threads is here: http://magmag.ath.cx/log.php

Put in "石化" in the bottom search box and click the button to the right to see a bunch of archived threads.  Once you get the search results, click the link in the middle of each result (under "スレ番") to view the thread.
silvery
Medusa Golden Knight

^Yay! Osmium.

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 12:07:04 AM »

By the way, I found the new version of the magmag archive site unable to archive every post in the thread. There'd always be quite a few pictures missing from the bottom of the thread.

Completionist will find that hard to cope with, not that it matter collection wise, though.
mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 11:49:06 PM »

There's a live thread going on right now here:
http://jun.2chan.net/b/res/18428889.htm

They don't stay live for long, of course, so I'd imagine in a few hours it'll be closed.
Skynet
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 12:20:16 AM »

Good find. *respect*

And apparently you're right about the IP ban thing. Ah well, I guess that place is strictly a 'see-only' kind of a gallery, I'm fine with that  Wink

Edit : Well, admittedly speaking, my original plan is to have some of my works posted there... but it seems we're making waves out there - I saw one of AlexDemitri's sketches posted up there.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 12:23:06 AM by Skynet » Logged
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 01:48:24 AM »

^ That reminds me of a few days ago when I was signing up for Twitter (it was so I could sign up to another place which required a Twitter account...stupid system...).  It said "StoneLad was already taken" so I searched my name and came up with two Japanese people struggling to get past the Cockatrice race in my game XD

silvery
Medusa Golden Knight

^Yay! Osmium.

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 11:07:54 AM »

It strikes me wonder how things we do on the internet echoes worldwide. Tongue

(Yes, the internet is global to start with. I'm just trying to be cool and dramatic, jeez.)

On an unrelated topic, I just spotted the live thread just now lol
Seems I was a tad bit too careless on scanning through them.  Sad
mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 11:50:03 AM »

What I do is just ctrl-f for "石化" on each page, as opposed to just scanning by eye.  Also that's pretty cool stonelad that your game was being talked about on twitter, if only by a couple people. 
mangoman
Medusa Golden Knight

Sekikumo
WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 12:26:22 AM »

New thread is up here:
http://jun.2chan.net/b/res/18469959.htm

I guess I'll try to post these every time they come up since there seems to be some interest.
DesBasilisk
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 08:55:47 PM »

They put up a region blocker or something lately? I noticed last week that I can't access the threads anymore as all the pictures are dead links or the threads themselves are 404'd.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 09:10:23 PM »

I don't know, I could reach it earlier today and I'm in the US.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: