Username:

Password:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: ASFR Wiki - General discussion thread  (Read 109446 times)
Linkrlz
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2013, 11:17:56 AM »

Copyright Warning:
Any reproduction of images To Any database (ex:wiki) IS NOT ALLOWED WITHOUT PERMISSION.
I'm pretty sure that's a definite yes.
FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2013, 07:37:46 PM »

Meh, just ask him for permission in 3-4 languages and that's it.

Tell him we're doing this for the community, that we don't have any intentions of earning cash with this and so on. Just be polite.

All politeness aside, that guy is being a little meanie, anyway. As far as I know, he doesn't own any copyright on the images either, he shouldn't get that way because we share a few screenshots, ffs...

EDIT: Politeness added, sorry if I offended anyone.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:49:50 AM by FrozetaShintoriFan » Logged
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2013, 01:08:51 AM »

Well, this is my fault.  I used them and gave permission because I figured since they were screenshots of pre-existing scenes that this would be fine, but I can understand the position that he took the time to collect this stuff.  I know him claiming copyright isn't right as he doesn't own the scenes, but I think that could just be a translation misunderstanding.

Also, don't call him a cunt, he did go through the trouble of finding all of these scenes.  There's a legitimate argument that we're taking pageviews from him for stuff he went through the trouble of finding, and my effort to give credit each time I used his images was meant to offset that.  Plus, I happen to know that he goes on here from time to time as I have asked - and received - something I asked for from him once a while ago on that blog.  Without him, there's a great deal of scenes I never would have seen in the first place.

EDIT:  I've downloaded a program that allows me to make massive edits at once.  I've used it so far to delete a large number of problematic images.  If you notice an image that has mistakenly been deleted, please tell me so I may undelete it.

EDIT 2:  This is going to take me a while as this managed to all hit the fan on the weekend I'm actually busy for.  I'm hoping to have the images all deleted by the end of the weekend.  Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused to anybody, I'll be more careful next time hopefully.  In the meantime, let's try looking for video clips of these scenes so that we can get our own screenshots.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 03:05:58 AM by StoneLad » Logged

StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2013, 02:30:15 AM »

I'm going to go ahead and make a new post instead of an edit since I want people to see this without overlooking the thread thinking there was no new info.

I've taken all of the problematic stuff down (or at least, I'm pretty sure I have).  So, I really am going to need help finding many of those screenshots again as I don't have many of the scenes.  I highly doubt I'll ever be able to find screenshots that high of quality again by myself, but if anybody can find screenshots of scenes in at least 480p/i, it would be greatly appreciated if you could post them.

Given the problems of this weekend, I doubt I'll be posting as much for a while due to outside problems and fear that I'll screw up again, so expect my personal contributions to the wiki to plummet soon.

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2013, 07:55:40 AM »

In my opinion (and I'm talking as a person, not as a forum mod, nor as a Wiki editor), we should just ignore whatever the blog author says and post the images without his permission. To avoid complications, we could just invert them all (mirror them horizontally) and be cynical dicks about the fact that they're the same images, negating it all the time.

His main problem is that he knows he's posting copyrighted material and doesn't want any attention to be brought to his page, to avoid legal consequences. OK, we agree with that. So, we're not going to give him any credit nor any traffic for them.

Anyway, what I think that would happen then is that he'd close his blog, or change the address, or something, so we don't want that either...

Well... I'm short of ideas here, then. Any solutions?
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2013, 10:48:45 AM »

Well, it would solve the main problem of copyright attention to his blog, but it could also reduce whatever traffic his blog has, would be taking work he put lots of effort into collecting (even if he did not make it himself, it still takes time), and if it closed his blog I'd feel horrible. Actually, I'd feel bad just for doing it. Oh, and the mirrored thing would be both silly and obnoxious at the same time.

So yeah, I'd prefer avoiding that.

Linkrlz
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2013, 11:17:35 AM »

In my opinion (and I'm talking as a person, not as a forum mod, nor as a Wiki editor), we should just ignore whatever the blog author says and post the images without his permission. To avoid complications, we could just invert them all (mirror them horizontally) and be cynical dicks about the fact that they're the same images, negating it all the time.

His main problem is that he knows he's posting copyrighted material and doesn't want any attention to be brought to his page, to avoid legal consequences. OK, we agree with that. So, we're not going to give him any credit nor any traffic for them.

Anyway, what I think that would happen then is that he'd close his blog, or change the address, or something, so we don't want that either...

Well... I'm short of ideas here, then. Any solutions?
Stop being a complete dick?

I can sympathize. The art I commission, while not drawn by me, I hate seeing it anywhere I don't upload it myself.
FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2013, 11:55:49 AM »

Stop being a complete dick?

I can sympathize. The art I commission, while not drawn by me, I hate seeing it anywhere I don't upload it myself.

I'm not being a dick, just a bit rough. And you're completely wrong here, anyway.

If it was his artwork, or artwork commissioned by him, I'd accept his will of not wanting it posted elsewhere, since he'd own the copyright. But he doesn't own the copyright of any screenshots on his blog, so it's not the same situation at all.

He doesn't want the screenshots on the wiki simply because he doesn't want to be whacked for copyright infringement. The same reason he doesn't want his blog to be linked from the wiki, too. He wants to keep it as unnoticed as possible, to avoid possible legal consequences.

So, would posting without giving him credit be something bad? I don't think so. We could just invert the images too, to avoid him being tracked by image search engines, since he's so determined on "not being found".

Would that impact his number of visits? I doubt it, since he would post the ASFR news, and he has his Japanese vistors, who are the biggest part of his visits, and who will ignore the wiki, anyway.

Would we be taking advantage of his "hard work"? I doubt taking several screenshots of your fetish is something close to "hard work", to begin with. Besides, he's the one who doesn't want to be credited.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Perhaps, I'm too pragmatic. Also, I don't want him to close his blog as a retaliation or something, so I won't make any action. But, as you can see, I completely disagree with his point of view, and I think the only one here who can be called what Linkrlz has called me is him.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:57:28 AM by FrozetaShintoriFan » Logged
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2013, 02:44:00 PM »

I don't want a full fledged argument to break out here, so could we please stop the name calling of people on here please? It's getting us nowhere.

There's an easy way to settle the argument over how much work it is to find these scenes in high quality: You go find the same scenes he had pictures of in the same quality he had. I know I couldn't find the Mushrambo/Shinzo scene in the same excellent quality he had past night in an hour of trying, but I could have been looking in the wrong places. If you find the scenes in the same quality he had them easily, then we'll both prove that it's not "hard work" AND that we wouldn't "need" his blog in the first place.

Good luck.

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2013, 02:55:03 PM »

We're arguing but we're all cool (at least I know I am). We know what the problem is. And we know there are two ways of solving it:
- The "fuck-it-all" way: We take what we want and fuck the consequences.
- The "good" way: We retreat and accept the conditions of someone who would or would not do the same in our situation.

Since you're against the "fuck-it-all" way, we need go the "good" way, be polite and all of that, which, in the end, is just a loss of time, but this is a democracy, so no problems for me.

If you want to find the scenes, you could try searching for them in different languages. Even more, about the Mushrambo/Shinzo one, I think there's a thread in this forum which had download links (probably dead by now, but there must be more information).

EDIT: http://medusaprojectonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=302.0

EDIT 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCUPKtj_HXg

This has taken me less than 5 minutes. Your Google-Fu is weak...  Wink
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 03:01:14 PM by FrozetaShintoriFan » Logged
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2013, 03:41:26 PM »

Oh, I found the scene, it was the quality that was the problem (and I can't check the quality of yours until tonight since I'm on a mobile device, I'll edit/post later once I've seen it). The blog's screencaps of scenes are damn near perfect where every copy I found was good but not great.

EDIT:  Ok, I have it and nope, it still isn't as good as the one on the blog.  I mean, it's fine enough but it still lacks a bit of sharpness/detail.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 01:16:05 AM by StoneLad » Logged

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2013, 03:27:04 PM »

Copying here a PM I've sent to acbdefg, which is relevant to all the mess I've done.

I've taken no action on this, just stated my opinion. Words are words. Perhaps people in my country say things to the face in a more straight way than anywhere else. Whatever.

The main point here is that he's trying to defend copyrighted material as if it was his own. I share every ASFR media I get, so I dislike when people don't do the same. I have overreacted, it seems, but that doesn't make my point any less correct.

Anyway, since it's obvious I've been wrong here with how I've said what I wanted to say, tell me his username, and I'll apologize as much as I have to, because I don't want any troubles with him (just as I don't want any troubles with anybody). We're all people, we're all equal, even if we have different opinions.

If you want, just send this to him:

"Hello, I'm FSF (aka asfr11). I have said things which may have offended you. I deeply apologize for those words. I'd really like to know how to speak your language to apologize directly to you.

As an "elder member" (and almost founder) of this community, I think that sharing material is one of the pillars of any fetish community (and even more one with relatively little material, such as our petrification community). And thus, I think I overreacted when you stated you didn't want to share your material, when you didn't want it to be on the new ASFR wiki. And perhaps, my words on this forum made the situation even worse.

To me, you were just being selfish, and even a little childish, not wanting to share the material (which is fact copyrighted material and whose rights are not yours, anyway). The thing is I didn't know about how hard you've had to "dig" to find some of the materials on your blog, and how much work you've put into it.

I apologize for everything I've said, since it seems I've been the selfish one, myself. I've forgotten that behind your blog there's a person with his own interests, likes and problems.

Feel free to restrict the use of your material as much as you want, since the work you've put into it justifies it. Of course, we'd like you to share it with us, but it's up to you if you want to do it or not. I know you don't want to bring much attention to your blog, since you don't want any legal problems with the copyright issues. We were just giving you credit for your images as a sign of respect.

The idea of sharing without giving you credit seemed fine to me (since you'd avoid "legal problems" that way and you were the first one who didn't want any credit), so I don't get why you didn't accept that, too. Then, my words went a bit over the top, and you know the rest.

Don't misjudge these words. I'm not saying them so that you share your material with us. I'm apologizing to you as a person, more than as a "petrification lover". I've trespassed limits which shouldn't have been trespassed, specially when it comes to respecting other people.

I sincerely apologize. I hope "acbdefg" can translate this to you accurately. If you want to reply, you can ask him to send me a PM on your name, or send it to me directly (if you feel confident with your English).

FSF aka asfr11"

Let's hope he accepts my apologies...

Sorry to you too, for any troubles I may have caused.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2013, 11:18:59 PM »

Thank you, FSF, I'm sure there's plenty of other people including me who appreciate that apology.

---

Going back to wiki matters, I've had someone bring up how we should handle non-ice encasement since it doesn't really fit in the statue category.  Should it be its own category?

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2013, 06:38:30 AM »

How about "Ice encasement" (since it's the most common) and "Other encasements" for all the rest?
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2013, 11:37:37 AM »

But ice encasement is already under ice (and named "Trapped").  Would we put it under both Ice and Encasement?

Also, I forgot to mention I added an example page that shows how pages should be laid out.  Non-admins can view the source code but not edit.  This way, if people are making a new page and are not sure how to lay it out, you can copy the example page's source code and paste it in the new page's source.  You can then edit the text and/or remove sections as necessary.

http://asfr.wikia.com/wiki/Example_Page There's the page if anybody wants to see it.  There's also a link to it under the welcome message on the main page.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:48:13 AM by StoneLad » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: