Username:

Password:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: ASFR Wiki - General discussion thread  (Read 110974 times)
FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2013, 07:19:04 AM »

We could do "gold", "chrome" and "other metals", since gold and chrome are the most common ones.

EDIT: Should we create a YouTube account for our Wiki (or several, in case of copyright whacking) and post our videos there, but keeping them "Unclasiffied" (you could only access through the wiki) to avoid the copyright issues as long as possible?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:32:14 AM by FrozetaShintoriFan » Logged
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2013, 09:59:59 AM »

Yeah, that'll probably work.  That page still really hasn't been touched since we decided the categories, and I had just kind of threw something up quickly when I made it.

Also, we could try that youtube account thing (I know I have video for quite a few of these scenes) although I think they still check unlisted videos for violations just as often as public.

Finally, for the templates, I think those are all fine.  I'm a bit confused by what "Not wikified" means though.  Is that just the formatting?

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2013, 10:10:58 AM »

Yes, just the formatting.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 01:54:43 PM »

Well, I'm not sure we need that since I've been reformatting pages as I've been tagging them.

Oh, a quick formatting note:  If there's a section we have no information for (such as links or opinions), I recommend just leaving it off for now.  There's no sense in saying "Links:  NONE" if we're going to have a "no video" tag.

Which brings up a new question:  Do we need a category for scenes without reviews?

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2013, 02:51:12 PM »

Nah, reviews are just optional. Descriptions are the important part.
Skynet
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2013, 08:38:46 PM »

Updated descriptions for multiple pages. Also, I moved the edited description of "The Victim's life as a Statue" back to the main statue page because I feel that the article itself speaks out to all of the victims who are turned into statues, rather than leaving it in the stone page.

Also, I'd like to use the two following images as references on the 'Glass' page.

ttp://gray.sakura.ne.jp/~flap/gallery/meidoco/meidoco_f_bbs015.htm
ttp://gray.sakura.ne.jp/~flap/gallery/meidoco/meidoco_f_bbs008_009.htm

Then again, this is MEIDOco I'm talking about. I'm not even sure if he/she will be happy about seeing the work posted up there.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2013, 10:31:24 PM »

Oh, that's funny, I was just thinking over using fanart (someone else's though) for something and had a similar question.  Also, in case you were wondering why your Mannequin changes suddenly disappeared and reappeared, when I hit compare versions on Wikia, it had showed that you only changed one thing and the main change had a typo.  I hit "Rollback".  I scrolled down after I hit it where it had the preview of the page and it turns out you had added a whole ton of stuff it didn't have in the comparison.  Then I found out rollbacks can't be undone but undos can so I had to copy and paste a bunch of stuff and re-edit it.  Sorry.

I've added new templates similar to the stub and poor image quality notifications.  We now have notifications for...
  • Stubs
  • No images
  • No videos
  • Poor image quality
  • Poor video quality
  • Broken Links

I left formatting problems off because it's easy to edit the page and throw it quickly into format while adding notifications so it would be counter-productive.  I also plan on rolling out new achievements for some or all of these categories to encourage people who like that sort of thing to edit pages that need editing.  Expect achievements for stubs to roll out some time tonight.

Skynet
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2013, 10:54:44 PM »

Ah no wonder. I'm fine with that, it's just that it kinda caught me confused for a moment there.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 12:30:05 AM »

I have a question regarding the Ice category page.  Currently, it lists crystallization under this category.  However, I would argue that an actual transformation into an ice sculptures differs enough from the other two freezes to have it moved to the statue category.  We should also rename the category as "Ice Freezing".  Why leave ice on the front?  Simple:  Because technically, time stop is "freezing" in place so it could avoid any and all confusion possible.  What does everyone else say?

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 09:55:01 AM »

English is not my main languages, so my opinion may not be too useful.

"Crystallization by low temperature" should be in the "Ice" category. "Being turned into a crystal transparent statue" should be in the "Statues" category. IMO, of course.

Besides, I think that since "Ice" is the general category, with "Ice encasement" and "Ice freezing" as subcategories, repeating "ice" there seems natural to me. Does it sound bad for English speakers?
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 10:35:34 AM »

But are there any scenes where the victim literally transforms into an ice sculpture (as in becomes a statue made of ice, not just covered in ice) as a result of low temperature?

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 11:28:41 AM »

Yes, there are. Any game in which you can freeze and shatter your enemies, for example.

Or the One Piece freeze scene.

And I'm sure there are a lot more. 
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 11:40:47 AM »

I don't think they're made of ice, though, I think they're just frozen solid to the core.  It's kind of like the one Terminator in Terminator 2 when he freezes in the liquid nitrogen or when that guy's finger breaks off in Pirates of the Caribbean:  At World's End.

EDIT:  Does anybody know how to make those little navigation bar menus at the bottom of pages like on other wikis?  You know, where they typically link to articles with some sort of relation to the current one, but not necessarily the category bar?  http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_Bros._3  - I'm talking about stuff like the bars at the bottom like "Game Boy Advance Games".  I know I've seen them on Wikia before but have no idea how to make them.  I think having those for scenes in a series with lots of ASFR (like Pretty Cure) would be a nice way of making categories of something without actually making a category or page for it.

EDIT 2:  Ok, figured that out.  Now, are we going to set up that YouTube channel?  If so, who is setting it up?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:40:43 PM by StoneLad » Logged

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2013, 06:08:46 PM »

I see no difference between being frozen to the core and being turned into an ice statue...

Also, the more YouTube channels, the better, since less videos will be able to be taken down at once. Remember to put the videos as unclasiffied, though, to avoid them being reported too quickly.

So... whenever you want to upload something, just create a channel and go for it. It takes less than 2 minutes to create an account. Have a .txt to keep track of your accounts, though (user, pass, and videos on it).
silvery
Medusa Golden Knight

^Yay! Osmium.

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2013, 09:21:19 AM »

The Girlturnstone blogspot just put up copyright warnings about the use of their images allover the place, in English.

I sure hope that has nothing to do with the assembly of our wiki.

Y'know, just saying.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: