Username:

Password:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: ASFR Wiki - General discussion thread  (Read 109887 times)
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2013, 07:29:51 PM »

Oh, and to be extra safe, be sure to say (WARNING:  This link contains nudity) or something when you post such links.

EDIT:  I made a new rules page.  Are these rules alright with everybody?  http://asfr.wikia.com/wiki/Rules

If there's no complaints, I'll go through and delete all of the unused images.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 11:06:52 PM by StoneLad » Logged

petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2013, 07:24:11 AM »

I seemed have some difficulties uploading images to the site. Don't know whether it is due to my Internet connection or the site itself.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2013, 10:38:17 AM »

What kind of difficulties?  It won't upload or they won't show up?

petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2013, 09:47:01 AM »

Sometimes it won't show up, but it already stored within the wiki. Also I did got an error screen once when trying to use the "Gallery" and "Photos" section which means I have to use the "Source" window rather than usual "Visual" to get the formatting right.

I think it mainly due to my sucky Internet connection right now as seems other contributors haven't got any problems uploading stuffs anyway.
petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2013, 10:12:40 AM »

...and apparently that Dimbulb user is incensed that his topic got edited lol. Guess someone needs to tell him about the rules and formatting.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2013, 01:16:03 PM »

I already commented on his page and on another page he made regarding rules and stuff.  I'm honestly surprised it took him this long to get mad that he can't read.

By the way, thank you a lot for your contributions.  I'd love to contribute more, but a vast majority of the collection on my computer comes from girlturnstone, and the ones that don't I either can't find information or their legality status is questionable.  Things like the Queen's Blade Manga come to mind for the second one because it appears that most sources of that manga have been taken down due to copyright infringement.  My rule of thumb is "if I can find multiple sites that have it available for free and are easy to locate, then I'll risk it".
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 01:36:32 PM by StoneLad » Logged

petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2013, 04:07:44 PM »

Well it does helps that I've a habit of getting the entire episode of those scenes rather than relying on the short scenes that are available. Although it sometimes annoying if the subtitles can't be erased, particularly from the old medias. Couldn't contribute much for the manga-related aspects so far, so I'm not very aware about the copyright status.

Anyway is the "Opinion" section in the wiki are required? Not too keen about it, and I'm not really good in writing those 'reviews' so I tend to avoid it.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2013, 04:36:22 PM »

Yeah, I try to find the whole episode too.  Plus, I've found there's certain parts some people have left out so it's always beneficial (unless of course, the episode is blocked in certain countries).

The Opinions section isn't required and you don't have to write one if you don't want to.  If you leave sections of the article blank, simply don't include them:  the first person to add information to them can add them.  What I mean is if you don't want to add an opinion and you're first creating the article, instead of having the opinion section and leaving the table blank, just take out the whole section.  Later, if someone wants to add an opinion, they can add the section.  Really, the most important section is the description:  you should never leave that blank.  Context and Screenshots are the next most important.

Leem10538a
Statue

WWW Email
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2013, 11:35:34 PM »

As you'll be aware, I've just joined the Wiki, and I'd like to share a few thoughts and queries. Sorry if this gets a bit long.

First of all, I'm pretty vague as to what constitutes an Individual Work. If others are equally confused maybe that's why it doesn't have any entries yet! An original painting, mabe? There may be some interesting ones out there, but the majority ASFR artists don't just produce one-offs. This also leads me to wonder if there oughtn't be a Creators category. There are certainly one or two people I could write articles on. (Sorry if any of this has been touched on before, but I've kinda dived in at the end of the thread.)

Secondly, there are a few works I'd like to feature but I'm not 100% sure of their eligibility.

First of all, "Blowed Up Good" ( http://p-synd.com/bug01.htm - link is to relatively SFW front page, after that... oh boy). This is a 4-page strip I found on the web and reposted after the original post vanished. The heroine gets turned into a sex doll/balloon, which is certainly ASFR but doesn't fall into any of the current categories. I guess it would be a sub-category of statue.

Another item I found online and rescued from oblivion is the CG picture strip "Planet of the Amazons" (NSFW throughout for nudity and sexual references - begins at http://p-synd.com/amazons/pg01.htm ). Nude amazon warriors fight nude gynoids.

Apart from the apeal to robot fans, the amazons get zapped with ray guns, which don't actually transform them, but produce a kind of orgasmic paralysis - they can't stand up, but have enough movement in their arms to stroke themselves or their partners. I'd argue that paralysis can count as ASFR even if there's no transformation involved (which also begs the question of whether Paralysis should be included as a category), but this one may be borderline.

Finally, there's "Nightshade the Merry Widow" (a spinoff from a currently offline series called "Dreamwalk Journal"). This is a webcomic I've been following since it began, so as a fan I guess I'm biased. Also, it's VERY NSFW due to its sexual content. How do I even begin to describe this one? OK: Cyeatea is a world where everyone is naked and has loads of sex, even if not all of it is consensual, and where paralysis and bondage are a regular part of their sexual rituals. Oh, and one other little detail that might be worth mentioning - all of the characters are hybrids of human and insect or spider. A Bug's Sex Life, if you like. It's hosted on DrunkDuck here (registration required for Adult material): http://www.drunkduck.com/NIGHTSHADE_THE_MERRY_WIDOW/ Note: IGNORE THE FILLER ART, which is based on a completely different series.

What the authors have done here is to study aspects of insect predation, like wasps paralysing spiders and laying eggs inside them, and subverting them into a kind of non-lethal erotic game - giving a whole new meaning to "sexual predation", I guess. So while Cyeatea's humanoid wasps do indeed paralyse their spider prey and lay eggs inside them, their paralysing stings cause extreme sexual ecstasy rather than pain, and the newly-hatched wasps don't eat the spiders, they just feed on their fat reserves until they're ready to emerge. At which point the paralysis wears off, leaving the unwilling host hungry and thirsty but very much alive and well.

OK, so - it's certainly different, and there's at least a passing ASFR interest, but as the authors themselves have admitted, there's probably only limited interest in a strip about insects with big boobs and willies. Even so... is it worth an article, do you think?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 11:39:53 PM by Leem10538a » Logged

I didn't get where I am today, you know!
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2013, 11:55:27 PM »

Well, when I wrote "individual work", it was more just me copying over a list I quickly made on here when we weren't sure whether fan works would be included.  Honestly, I'll probably end up erasing that until there's a bit more consensus on whether fan stuff should be included.  As such, the things posted from Reverse Pygmalion Syndrome should not be posted at the moment.  Sorry for the confusion.

The last thing posted would still fit as a webcomic though so it could have a chance, but I'd need the opinions of others on whether we should include it/whether it counts as ASFR as defined on the wiki as I do not take NSFW content very well at all so I'm not even going to bother clicking on the link.

EDIT:  Come to think about it, maybe Idle Minds shouldn't be on there either.  I really need other people's opinions on this.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 12:09:34 AM by StoneLad » Logged

Leem10538a
Statue

WWW Email
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2013, 07:38:21 PM »

Speaking of confusion Reverse Pygmalion and The Pygmalion Syndrome are two separate and unrelated sites. I guess I should put a big banner on my logo saying so (like on the old Worldvision Enterprises logo on TV - "Not affiliated with World Vision International, a religious and charitable organization").

Anyway, I guess the whole issue of NSFW material needs a thorough discussion, because there is an awful lot of it out there and it would probably be dishonest to deny its existence.

As for Idle Minds, I'd be sorry to see the article go, partly because I spent so much time on it and partly because it ties in neatly with Ian Samson's involvement with The Wotch. Even if it doesn't count as ASF Rdirectly, it could still be seen as being about ASFR.

StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2013, 09:24:35 PM »

Well, I'm more inclined to keeping it myself.  Since Ian Samson put those works on more "official" sites and not general sites like deviantART, and the focus isn't so much just on pure ASFR as it is stories that happen to have a lot of it, I think it's different than usual fan stuff.

Also, sorry, I don't know which site is which because apparently, I can't even connect to Pygmalion Syndrome on this computer and I visit neither of them (again, don't like most NSFW material).

Right now, outside of fan material, I have a WIP stance on NSFW material on the wiki which is scenes can receive articles but NSFW images cannot be used - they must be linked to off-site with a warning next to the link.  As for language, I'd be more delicate.  Saying two people have sex is ok, but going into too many details about body parts involved and such would probably not be safe.  For example, (ugh, going to hate myself for having to write something like this but oh well), saying something like so and so have oral sex is fine but saying someone sticks their penis in someone else's mouth isn't.  Maybe.

Honestly, it's hard to draw a line here so yeah, more opinions would be appreciated.

petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2013, 10:25:32 AM »

Actually I much preferring the actual media in the wiki just like the old abandoned ASFR Master List rather than fan artworks, like what I said before there are tons of them in the Net already and being hosted in various specific sites like DA. I do think that all the fan-works can be compiled into one list with links (and previews) rather than have their own dedicated page in the wiki. For webcomics this can be an exception, as it can't be classified as fan-work for me unless there are a specific webcomic for ASFR stuffs.

Furthermore, for me ASFR in actual media is unique as I think the scenes mostly not being made to please us ASFR fans, and that's the main difference between it and the fan-works because we couldn't expect to find those gems in the media really.

Unclassified ASFR scenes:- I do consider robots as ASFR, but I didn't have any problems with the wiki rules for not listing it (for me there aren't any good scenes out there anyway). Still, we have to explain our stance regarding the ASFR classification in the wiki clearly as this might be a put-off for potential contributors to contribute. For the "Blowed Up Good" comic, as the wiki already listed Pygmalion Syndrome in the site so maybe we don't have to put a specific dedicated page for it. Also, sex doll TF are mainly on fan-related works - couldn't find such scenes on actual medias so far.

And yeah I agree about the stance on NSFW. We really can't escape from it so the NSFW policies for the wiki is fine for me.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2013, 01:08:45 PM »

Well, the idea I had behind fanworks/sites is to have a list similar to the one currently on the front page of the wiki, but with more fleshed out descriptions.  I'd prefer to have it more on a separate page than on the front because it seems like that could inflate quickly.

If we were to do that, though, I'm still curious as to what people would like to be included in such list.  For example, would you have a section on deviantART and then list a ton of individual artists or would you just link to groups like Marble Gallery/Inanimate-TFs/any other groups I may be forgetting?

Also, I think the problem in regards to "what is ASFR?" is that so many people have so many different interests that if you include certain things, that may put people off rather than bringing new people in - like, they'll see some of the stuff included, have no interest in it, and be turned away.  Then there's the problem that some categories are extremely different for the rest:  for example, I have zero interest in robotization because there's mobility involved and the key thing that brings the rest of the categories together for me is immobilization, but at the same time, the R in ASFR is robots so it seems awkward not to include it.  Then again, another person could also say transformation is the key thing trying it all together and thus ice freezing/time stop shouldn't be included.  I just really don't know what to do on that front because any definition that's written will likely be slanted towards who is writing it.

Leem10538a
Statue

WWW Email
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2013, 11:43:18 PM »

This thread seems to have stalled, so let me see if I can't try to get it started again.

The problem with deviantART is that there are an awful lot of artists contributing, but certainly linking to the groups would be a good idea.

As for definitions of ASFR, obviously as you say that's a personal thing, but the very fact that it's a wiki means there will be lots of different opinions involved. The only thing you can hope for is that when enough different opinions are present they form some kind of collective consensus - a case of "many hands make light work" if you like. (Or if it doesn't work out like that, maybe "too many cooks spoil the broth" would be more appropriate.)

As an example, I'd suggest that immobilization without physical transformation is equally valid (and there's certainly enough of that on my site). An example I'd cite is the manga Tokyo Crazy Paradise, which had a scene where people get transformed into "living art" for sale - alive and paralyzed in display cases and the buyers know it, but not actually changed (the scene is also showcased on my site, no pun intended). I'd like to include it on the Wiki, but there's no category for it.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: