Username:

Password:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: ASFR Wiki - General discussion thread  (Read 111178 times)
petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2013, 05:47:37 PM »

Would like to contribute, but have to wait until my laptop's repaired. The wiki itself is a great idea though.

The thing that I'm unsure about is whether future entries there is all considered worthy enough. Which means, for a scene, some people will think that it is good and should be placed in the wiki, while others may think not.

StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2013, 12:22:46 AM »

I'm not sure what you mean.  Do you mean scenes where some people consider it ASFR and some people do not?  Or do you mean the quality of the article itself, in which case that's what the stub tag is for.  I really don't see myself or anybody else completely deleting articles just because they don't look as good as the rest even though they cover a new ASFR scene.

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2013, 08:12:31 AM »

Just post whatever you think that's related. Try to keep it "Wiki-like", though, by copying the Example Page's style: http://asfr.wikia.com/wiki/Example_Page

Any help is welcome, no petrification must be forgotten, no matter how minor the scene is! Cheesy
sovietmisaki
Gorgon Warrior

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2013, 06:23:21 AM »

I seem to have some trouble with getting most of the pictures to load Sad not all of them, though most
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2013, 11:49:17 AM »

Is it specific pictures that won't load or does it just happen randomly.  If it's on specific pages, could you link to some pages which are giving you problems?

Linkrlz
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2013, 11:51:43 AM »

Is it specific pictures that won't load or does it just happen randomly.  If it's on specific pages, could you link to some pages which are giving you problems?
It seems to be the Rosario+Vampire you uploaded recently.

"This item is no longer available, but now that you're here, explore the Asfr Wiki!"

I haven't checked them all though.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2013, 12:10:45 PM »

Yeah, I'm getting that too now.  It's weird because I clicked on one, it worked, then went to another and it didn't work, then went back to the first one again and it was broken too.  Maybe it's just a glitch.  I figured if they had removed it, they would have sent me an e-mail but I didn't get anything.

mikehunt2911
Gorgon Warrior

mikehunt182
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2013, 09:05:57 PM »

Hey its good to see this asfr wiki has taken off. I thought it seemed like a good idea if more people could contribute to it.

Anyways I added a couple pages as well as a couple higher resolution pics to existing pages.

I'm wondering if user created content like manips or even short videos could be added. I guess that might clutter things up a bit though. Just a thought

StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2013, 02:03:27 AM »

Thanks for the help, we can take all we can get!  Just remember to try to stick to the established format seen in the example page (on the top bar, you can find it under Help us Out! -> Example page) or on other pages.  I forgot to include notes on naming the articles, though, so I'll go do that now.

As for fanart, I think we should mainly focus on official stuff right now.  Fanart is a unique category that would require figuring out a very specific way to handle the articles so that we're not overrun by them.

EDIT:  I also didn't realize until you uploaded your screenshots that they could have gallery thumbnails that large under default settings.  As a note of future reference to everyone, I think we should try to keep it down to three columns on the page (you can change the number of columns and the size of the thumbnails on the gallery editor until there's no horizontal scroll bar in the preview)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:07:52 AM by StoneLad » Logged

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2013, 06:29:25 AM »

About Fanart, I have two different ideas to keep it controlled:

1) One entry per artist. No individual pages for each work, but one for the whole artist, with a link to his gallery and some highlights in the pictures section. Nevertheless, any possible entry here should be voted, to avoid filling the wiki with "minor" artists.

2) One entry per category. We create different categories ("Fanart - 3D", "Fanart - 2D", "Fanart - Photomanips" and so on) and list the artists there, with external links to their galleries. I prefer this way, although some artists like ArgoForg or Drake may deserve an individual page for them.

What do you think?

StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2013, 11:36:22 AM »

So with the 2nd option, would you list people who do multiple types on each page?  Other than that problem, I think that's the preferred option.

I'm not really sure about having pages dedicated to artists because it raises multiple questions:
1) What would you put on their pages other than links to their artwork?
2) How do you choose which artists get a page and which don't?
3) How do you keep it from getting too opinionated?

While having pages for some artists makes sense to me, the problem is some people might get upset that they're left out of getting their own stuff.  That, and I think it would be hard to write up a page on an artist without including some sort of opinion in it.  I mean, even if you say something like "So and so is one of the most influential artists", you might have people disagreeing with it and deleting it and replacing it and so on.  I've seen it happen before even on small wikis.

petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2013, 12:35:23 PM »

Not quite agreeing to put fanart into the wiki. Would much prefer if the wiki contains stuffs from actual media, besides fanarts already been hosted at numerous sites (pixiv, DA etc) IMO.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2013, 01:56:22 PM »

Well, I think it would work more as a fanart directory - linking to the artists' pages since it's all relevant to our interests.  Actually uploading the artwork would offend many of them, I'd imagine - especially without permission.  And I think it would simply be too much of a hassle to track everyone down for permission anyways.  I agree that the primary focus should be official media, but linking people to fresh stuff is always good since I know there's many fanart sites that I still haven't found that I've seen others talk about.

mikehunt2911
Gorgon Warrior

mikehunt182
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2013, 07:06:56 PM »

Sorry i didn't see the example page. Feel free to change anything around. I'll be sure to follow those guidelines in the future.

As for the fanart i agree it could get very messy. The most I would do is a link's section that could perhaps break down the artists by category. And then maybe a sample picture for each artist that they can upload on their own or by someone else with permission. I think it could be a good addition if it's done well.

Also what is the policy on the Wiki about nudity? I didn't notice much if any except for seeing one of my video clips on one of the pages.

Statuerandomguy
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2013, 08:24:01 PM »

I found the movie ''The path of 7 sins''. Since I don't know how to use the wiki, I'll post the pics here. Hope you guys like the quality. If you don't, I apologize, but this was the best quality version I could find.

http://i.imgur.com/Fm9Ktqa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lqNUc51.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BEbcgXT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/21eeYWc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/G7AX3WW.jpg
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:28:28 PM by Statuerandomguy » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: