Username:

Password:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
  Print  
Author Topic: ASFR Wiki - General discussion thread  (Read 71685 times)
petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2013, 12:00:34 PM »

Hey, I just uploaded my first contribution to the Wiki last night, but I'm not sure if my addition is in line with the rules (I've never made an article on a wiki before, so this is all new to me).

Can someone tell me if my post is fine or not? Here's the link: http://asfr.wikia.com/wiki/Sally_%26_Bunnie_Crystalization_(Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(SatAM)_-_Season_2,_episode_8:_"The_Void")

As long as you follow the template it is OK I guess. Did feel that the top picture (beside the description) messed up the article formatting a bit. Think need StoneLad to clarify.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #136 on: July 05, 2013, 10:22:08 PM »

It's mostly fine, there's just a few nitpicky things that need fixing:  The name isn't in the correct format (although I think only admins can change that anyways), the links section should be above the screenshots, and the screenshots could use a bit less...conversational tone.  It should more focus on what's happening rather than things like how many tries it took you to get the screenshot right and "I wonder what she's thinking" stuff.  Other than that, keep up the good work!

Also, sorry for not being more active on fixing this wiki but I started a job about a month and a week ago which has severely limited the amount of time I can do ASFR related stuff.

slam422
Medusa Golden Knight

The requisit Sonic fan of the forum.

slamth422
« Reply #137 on: July 05, 2013, 10:46:07 PM »

Yeah, that conversational thing with the screens was kinda something that I do mostly without thinking. Like I said, it was my first time actually adding an article to a Wiki so I wasn't really sure what would fly or not. If it hasn't been edited yet, I'll go back & fix things up.

If it has to do with sexy, half-naked/fully naked women being frozen in ice, then you know I will enjoy it!
Leem10538a
Statue

WWW Email
« Reply #138 on: July 06, 2013, 08:15:04 PM »

Made a couple of edits to dimbulb's latest article ( http://asfr.wikia.com/wiki/DR_WAVERLYS_PEOPLE ). Basically it was just three comic pages with only a minuscule description saying it was an EC comic about a madman who freezes people (in ice) - and not following the template. I found a bit of additional info on the net - number of pages, artist, original publication (Charlton, it turns out, not EC, although that's an easy mistake to make) and arranged the images into a Gallery.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 09:28:22 PM by Leem10538a » Logged

I didn't get where I am today, you know!
wazzupg
Gorgon Warrior

Email
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2013, 09:13:40 PM »

This did remind me to ask if we should have articles for recurring characters that have ASFR features in multiple media, like Mr. Freeze.

I would say I'm for having characters pages about characters that trigger freezes on the wiki. That way if a person liked the concept of that character he/she could visit a page that would contain additional information about that character and links to the comics or scenes that that character is in. Of course this would follow a modified version of the example page that a certain member of the wiki seems to continue to ignore.

Speaking of that gent... I will confront this dimbulb chap about the rules as he seems to ignore the other admins. I doubt he will listen, but it's worth a shot. If he does ignore another temp ban might be necessary. If he returns and continues to break the rules after that the ban hammer will fall and he will not be returning.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2013, 06:31:37 PM »

Dimbulb has requested that all of his contributed material be removed from the wiki.  If anybody can help out in taking it down, I'd appreciate it.

Leem10538a
Statue

WWW Email
« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2013, 09:06:24 PM »

That's a shame. He may not have got the rules, but at least he did add a few relevant titles. At least save the images and article titles for future reference.

StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2013, 09:08:42 PM »

I won't save the images but I'll jot down the article titles as I take care of them.

Leem10538a
Statue

WWW Email
« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2013, 11:40:26 AM »

I only suggest saving the images because it might be hard to find alternative sources for them.

petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2013, 12:38:58 PM »

It's a shame really as his sources seems difficult to find. If only he can follow the guidelines given really.

Can also took this opportunity to clean up the wikis a bit. Which means, some of the images may need to be removed due to things such as obsolete, or high quality images become available. I will try looking at it later on, but can normal users do administrative things like deleting pictures or such?
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2013, 06:56:13 PM »

I don't think so, I think you can only remove images from pages.  Deleting images is an awfully tedious process too and not done very well natively by Wikia.  I had to install a plugin to delete multiple files at a time.

Honestly, I don't think I'm going to fully delete the pictures quite yet as it's such a pain to do.  Right now, I'm removing them and any content provided solely by him.  Articles he created but were touched up by me/someone else are staying but losing images.

petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #146 on: July 18, 2013, 05:11:41 AM »

Noticed that one of Dimbulb's former contribution (http://asfr.wikia.com/wiki/Excalibur) is related to one in the old Master List. Will try to do the entry and upload related scans to the Wiki, which is taken from the Master List. Will put the references to the original old Master List as a credit to them.

If everyone approve it I will try to continue the same with other materials from the old Master List later.
Leem10538a
Statue

WWW Email
« Reply #147 on: July 18, 2013, 10:15:26 AM »

Noticed that one of Dimbulb's former contribution (http://asfr.wikia.com/wiki/Excalibur) is related to one in the old Master List. Will try to do the entry and upload related scans to the Wiki, which is taken from the Master List. Will put the references to the original old Master List as a credit to them.

If everyone approve it I will try to continue the same with other materials from the old Master List later.

Sounds good to me. After all, we're trying to be a successor to the Master List.

petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #148 on: July 18, 2013, 12:33:28 PM »

Done. How about it?

http://asfr.wikia.com/wiki/Excalibur_-_Vol._01_-_Issue_6_/_7
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #149 on: July 18, 2013, 08:37:07 PM »

Looks great, thanks!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
  Print