Username:

Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: ASFR Wiki - General discussion thread  (Read 56501 times)
FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« on: January 11, 2013, 12:12:43 PM »

http://asfr.wikia.com/wiki/Asfr_Wiki

By wazzupg, StoneLad & co.

To-do list:
  • Decide for once what to do with the Categories system, before the number of articles grows.
  • Improve the overall low resolution of the images.
  • Improve the front page.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 08:37:28 PM by FrozetaShintoriFan » Logged
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 07:44:03 PM »

Ah, I almost forgot about this! I was linked to it once before, but I don't know who made it. I'd be all for helping if possible!

wazzupg
Gorgon Warrior

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 11:20:17 PM »

I actually made this wiki spent a lot of time finding the scenes and uploading the pictures onto it. I made it to be like a more convenient asfr master list which ,as many of you are aware of, is no longer updated. The best way to help would be when you find a scene upload it to the wiki and post it here that way you can get a preview of the scene or if it is removed have the information in an easily acessible spot. If you want to upload I only have a couple of rules

1. Put it in the correct category

2. Upload pictures if possible

Thanks and have a great day. Smiley
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 04:10:25 AM »

Got it, added three pages and a video game category already.

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 11:42:53 AM »

OK, this has a great potential.

wazzupg, if you don't mind, you could make StoneLad an admin of that wiki, I'm sure he'll find a lot of ways to help with the layout and will contribute a lot.

I would ask you to make me an admin too, but I don't have much spare time right now.

EVERYONE WHO READS THIS, SIGN UP AND CONTRIBUTE TO THAT WIKI!
wazzupg
Gorgon Warrior

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 02:11:10 PM »

I think you and stonelad would be fine admins even if you don't get on too much I could still use quite a bit of help.
FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 06:12:09 PM »

I think you and stonelad would be fine admins even if you don't get on too much I could still use quite a bit of help.

My username is "asfr11" on that wiki. I guess StoneLad's will be the same as here. So, if you feel like it... I'm open to it.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 07:08:21 PM »

I make 3 pages, go to bed, come back to find I'm an admin! Didn't really expect that, thank you to both of you! I'll have to fool around with wikia tonight to see if I can come up with a good default format to use for pages.

Right now, though, if anybody is going to make new pages with photos, I recommend making a description of the scene at the top of the page and then adding a gallery with your photos below it as opposed to using the "add photo" feature multiple times. Also, I think we should add a link and give credit when using images/videos made by someone else as I did on the Johnny Quest page.

EDIT:  By the way, this is mostly irrelevant right now, but in the future can I make a few edits to the medal system?  Looking into it, I see you can make medals that revolve around making pages/edits in certain categories which opens up all sorts of fun possibilities later (i.e. making edits to the Gold Page could have a Midas-related achievement, etc)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 01:59:25 AM by StoneLad » Logged

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 06:43:35 AM »

Another change I think that should be done is changing all the live-action things (movies, music videos, tv shows, advertisings...) to the category "Live-Action". That would make it more simple, and I don't think there's a need for a separate category for each one.

What do you think about it?

EDIT: Also, can you edit the page layout so that it covers the whole screen in panoramic resolutions?

EDIT2: Although I dislike the Wikia wikis (I prefer Wikidot), some can be quite good-looking. Check this One Piece Wiki to see more or less what we should do: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 07:53:11 AM by FrozetaShintoriFan » Logged
Skynet
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 10:04:03 AM »

Sorry if I didn't report here first before I started making edits on the Wiki page.

I'll try to add in the descriptions for the pages as accurately as possible. Feel free to change my writing if you spot any errors though.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 04:14:22 PM »

Another change I think that should be done is changing all the live-action things (movies, music videos, tv shows, advertisings...) to the category "Live-Action". That would make it more simple, and I don't think there's a need for a separate category for each one.

Well, if we're going to do that, why don't we do it the same way on here?  Either way, I think it kind of makes sense.  I mean, cartoons and anime are tv shows too but not in the tv show category.

EDIT: Also, can you edit the page layout so that it covers the whole screen in panoramic resolutions?

EDIT2: Although I dislike the Wikia wikis (I prefer Wikidot), some can be quite good-looking. Check this One Piece Wiki to see more or less what we should do: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

I'll look into the panoramic thing.  As for the second edit, I found where I can customize the theme of the wiki but I didn't want to do it without checking with wazzupg first since it's still his wiki (same goes for editing achievements).

Also, I added a "Stone" category last night since I felt the statue category was too broad to cover so many materials.  I mean, I left the statue category in since I can see people wanting to find all flat out statue transformation scenes but I think adding more specific categories for each material would be nice too.

Sorry if I didn't report here first before I started making edits on the Wiki page.

I'll try to add in the descriptions for the pages as accurately as possible. Feel free to change my writing if you spot any errors though.
WHAT?  YOU STARTED HELPING US WITHOUT TELLING US FIRST?  YOU FIEND!  Seriously though, thanks for the help,  I don't think we need to report here or anything (although I suppose it would be easier for coordination).

EDIT:  Ok, I will say whoever edited the Statues category did a great description, but it would fit better in the stone category.  If you go through the statues category, it actually includes all materials of statues such as gold and glass, not just petrification.  I'll just copy and paste everything that's there and move it to stone.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 04:17:25 PM by StoneLad » Logged

Skynet
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 07:13:32 PM »

@above

That would be me. But then again, I deserve that punch in the gut for not reporting in > <

Regardless, who demolished the front page though?
FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 08:28:52 PM »

I don't want to sound harsh, but I disagree when you say this is wazzupg's Wiki. A Wiki, by its own nature, is nobody's "property". It's an open thing where everyone contributes with as much or as little as they can. Of course, we should create a "hierarchy" and discuss all major changes such as what you say about the "Badges", but any change for the best should be done automatically, in my opinion.

So... to avoid losing the point, let's create a To-Do list for the Wiki. I'll edit it in the main post of this thread whenever I can, and to the Wiki's Main Page. This way, we'll improve it in a more organized way.

Gentlemen, let's work.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 11:22:14 PM »

@Skynet:  Oh, it's ok, I honestly made the same mistake the first time I looked at that category.

@FrozetaShintoriFan:  My personal vote is to have a category for each type/material of transformation (stone, gold, etc) and for different types of media.  The types of media could include Anime, Manga, Video Game, Comic, Cartoon, Live Action, and Story/Written/whatever we want to call it if we ever have entries for it.

Another thing I want to bring up is what types of pages we should have.  Right now, we have pages only for categories and scenes.  Do we want to consider having pages for websites? How about pages for series containing a lot of ASFR that link to each scene within said series (things like Pre(tty)Cure come to mind)?  Or maybe pages with common transformation catalysts like Medusa/Gorgons/Cockatrices/King Midas/etc?  I think scenes should be top priority for now, but it couldn't hurt at least considering broadening the horizons in the future.

Also, I've looked into it and unfortunately, removing the sidebar is a violation of Wikia's Terms of Service.

I'm going to play around with a few visual things on the Wiki now.  Nothing will be permanent but it'll hopefully look just a bit better.

EDIT:  Ok, I've done some cosmetic work, tell me what you think.  It's probably not final but it'll do for now.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:33:53 AM by StoneLad » Logged

Skynet
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 07:10:37 AM »

Sounds good. The front page and the new icon looks great too Wink

Anyway, about the format of articles... we could try following the Wikipedia format as usual. Title, Content, Description, and if possible, some reference links below would be the most common format used by all wikis IMO.

Edit : btw, how do you make those drop-down tables used for the contents section?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 07:14:37 AM by Skynet » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: