Username:

Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: New Series of Surveys (Mega Survey Online)  (Read 24369 times)
Kojen
Medusa Golden Knight

tyler_kojen
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 02:57:57 PM »

Definitely liking the surveys so far, and it's interesting to see how other people respond.  Looking forward to Part 3 =)
Zicron Shadow
Administrator
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 03:51:33 PM »

A very cool Survey!!  Smiley Congratulations! I like it!

ILMOL
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 12:45:44 AM »

you have no idea how much fun i had answering these Questions, thank you.  Smiley Wink Cheesy

quite interesting to see other peoples opinions,  Cool, keep em comin
Son of Gorgon
Gorgon Knight

Oh Ingrid, you make such a lovely statue <3

Email
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 02:20:54 AM »

This was fun. What could the next poll be about?
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 03:09:34 AM »

The next poll is about preferences regarding individual subcategories of ASFR.  Each section will be a different category with specific questions about that category.  For example, one section will have questions specifically about petrification, another about metal transformation, another about freezing, and so on.

The instructions also are slightly different:  If there's a category of ASFR you do NOT like, you should skip immediately to the bottom of that section and hit "next" without answering any questions.

Also, good to see everybody is enjoying this!

EDIT:  I just realized I forgot to mention something rather important about editing your responses:  the responses are saved as cookies, so if you are private browsing or have your cookies cleared periodically, it will not work.  I realize this is not the best case scenario, but my only other option was to have it edit based on your IP address, but I wasn't sure if that would publicly display your IP address in your responses, and it would also lock anybody else out who would be using your same computer/be in the same household.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 02:41:59 AM by StoneLad » Logged

chilldon
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 10:18:06 AM »

These are good surveys, I really like looking at other's responses. How long until part 3 is finished?
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 11:09:34 AM »

It'll be up sometime in the next 3 days. It's a rather long one and requires me making quite a lot of example images like I did with the expression question in part 2.

Also, I'm adding things to this one based on some comments I've seen on the first two: most of the "which do you most prefer" questions now allow for multiple responses, and almost all of the questions have additional comment space.

EDIT:  Bad news, everyone:  I went to log in to the survey site and was greeted with this message:

"We are completing unscheduled maintanance this weekend. Surveys are still being collected but access to the members area is currently unavailable. We hope to resume normal service by 1pm PST Sunday."

So yeah, everything is going to be pushed back a day most likely.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:34:30 AM by StoneLad » Logged

StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 02:28:31 AM »

Well, I hate to double post but I have horrible horrible news.  I don't know if it's a glitch in the system or if I've been banned but while working on the FINAL PAGE of the final essay, I was suddenly logged out.  Any attempts to log back in told me my username was invalid.  Any attempts to recover my account using my e-mail address were met with "E-mail address is not in our databanks".  Any attempts to recover my account by using a link to my essays was met with "user does not exist."  I honest to God had about 7 hours of work into this final essay, and quite frankly, I really don't feel like making the whole thing again, so this may be the end for now.  Sorry to end on such a whimper, but quite frankly, this setback has been heartbreaking to me to say the least.

MODIFIED:  And now they've erased all of the responses to the previous quizzes.  Yeah, I'm really thinking I've been banned without notification.

MODIFIED AGAIN:  AND they've deleted all of the questions as well.  I quit.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:35:34 AM by StoneLad » Logged

Skynet
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012, 04:50:59 AM »

Oh damn, what a low blow.

Banned without notifications eh. If I would guess, some daft whiner must have dropped a flare on your survey. As you may not, not many appreciate our... unique tastes and all that.

But still, I'm sorry to hear about the survey being forcefully taken down  Embarrassed
Zicron Shadow
Administrator
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012, 04:55:41 AM »

Well, I hate to double post but I have horrible horrible news.  I don't know if it's a glitch in the system or if I've been banned but while working on the FINAL PAGE of the final essay, I was suddenly logged out.  Any attempts to log back in told me my username was invalid.  Any attempts to recover my account using my e-mail address were met with "E-mail address is not in our databanks".  Any attempts to recover my account by using a link to my essays was met with "user does not exist."  I honest to God had about 7 hours of work into this final essay, and quite frankly, I really don't feel like making the whole thing again, so this may be the end for now.  Sorry to end on such a whimper, but quite frankly, this setback has been heartbreaking to me to say the least.

MODIFIED:  And now they've erased all of the responses to the previous quizzes.  Yeah, I'm really thinking I've been banned without notification.

MODIFIED AGAIN:  AND they've deleted all of the questions as well.  I quit.

I so sorry! u.u you made a exelent work! *HUG*
Banned without notification.....that's because it's a very irresponsible page that does not respect users  Angry

If you want continue with your surveys you will need found another page for work   Sad

StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 07:52:22 AM »

Thanks for the support but I sank too many hours into this just to go "oh well, start over!" Plus, I saved absolutely none of the questions on my computer so it would really be starting from step 1. I'm afraid this was probably the end if I've lost it all.

HOWEVER, that may not be the final case: the whole website now appears to be having problems so I may not have been banned. Of course, this doesn't mean the surveys are safe as the website's database itself might have been wiped or it may never come back.

DesBasilisk
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 10:00:17 AM »

Looks like it was actually some hackers who nuked their site according to what's left of the web page, so it wasn't the site itself to blame. :/
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2012, 11:04:11 AM »

Ah, now they've updated it. Well, I feel bad about getting upset at the site then. However, I'll be interested to see what's still up when they eventually come back. If the surveys are all gone then it still pretty much means the end of these surveys for a long while at least.

Figures, this happened on the night everything else went wrong for me too.

StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2012, 03:09:31 AM »

Sorry for the double post again but this is once again important.  I have bad news and good news.

The bad news is Kwiksurveys has gone online again, but only temporarily.  It seems the hackers did a huge blow on them to the point that the entire site is shutting down in its current form with the only hope for future survival to be the company getting bought out.

The good news is I was able to download the reports for my 2 and a half surveys (unfortunately, it did not save any of the changes I had made to the third survey on that final night:  i.e. half of it) so I have a record of every question and most of the answers so rebuilding the first two essays shouldn't take long at all.

How long is not long at all?  Simple:  Within an hour, I've already gotten survey number 1 back onto another site!  This site definitely lacks some useful features from kwiksurveys (the additional comments sections are now considered separate questions, you cannot edit your surveys, you cannot go back while taking a survey) but it also has other nifty features such as a much more detailed report system and the ability to have branching questions that don't involve making new pages.  (This feature seemed glitchy at times during the preview so report any glitches to me on here).  When you're ready to take or retake the first quiz, it's in the first post.

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2012, 05:44:55 AM »

I think it's easier if everybody just replies again to the surveys, rather than trying to recover the results.

By the way, you should add an option to people in North American countries which are not USA, Canada or Mexico...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: