Username:

Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Medusa Project Online.com !!!! International!!!  (Read 24465 times)
Yggdraga
Gorgon Knight

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2011, 10:38:51 AM »

I don't really see the point in forcing people to post to see content, I mean, it's not like it'll make them be more social, it'll just make them do quick spam comments.
Zicron Shadow
Administrator
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2011, 12:51:50 PM »

I don't really see the point in forcing people to post to see content, I mean, it's not like it'll make them be more social, it'll just make them do quick spam comments.

Sad The hiddent tag is just optional.  But I am thinking in delete it  Embarrassed So much bad comment about that idea.

Onimeno
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 01:05:30 PM »

Que bueno que regreso el foro. Salud2
slam422
Medusa Golden Knight

The requisit Sonic fan of the forum.

slamth422
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 01:25:04 PM »

I was wondering what happened when I couldn't see the site anymore! Awesomeness!

If it has to do with sexy, half-naked/fully naked women being frozen in ice, then you know I will enjoy it!
sovietmisaki
Gorgon Warrior

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 03:24:34 PM »

this forum is back up? YEEEAAAAHHHH BOOOOOYYYYYY  Grin Cheesy Smiley
I was wondering what happened the last time...
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 07:45:59 PM »

Sad The hiddent tag is just optional.  But I am thinking in delete it  Embarrassed So much bad comment about that idea.

Sure, it's optional but every download I see uses it and each time I see a new post outside of this topic, it's spam. This feature needs to go ASAP as the site is just plain annoying with it.

ArgoForg
Gorgon Warrior

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »

I really do applaud the effort to try to get people to say something and be sociable (it's something I tried to promote at the GorgonArt group), rather than just silently pillaging the site and not offering anything constructive.  But I honestly don't think this is the way-- all you're most likely going to see is a bunch of random crap that's little better than spam.

If there were a case where you could say "If you have more than X posts the hidden tag automatically disappears", or "If you post a single 'constructive' (subjective, I know) post, the mods can change your status so that you automatically no longer see the hidden tag cover," you might have some success with that.  But I don't know that the board allows for that without some constructive tweaking.

I do think that the idea had its spark in the right place, but sadly the lion's share of the community is more into being mute and only giving voice if they really want something.

mash587
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 11:32:23 PM »

If there were a case where you could say "If you have more than X posts the hidden tag automatically disappears", or "If you post a single 'constructive' (subjective, I know) post, the mods can change your status so that you automatically no longer see the hidden tag cover," you might have some success with that.
Medusa Project used a post-count system originally.  It...didn't really go so well.  Just led to a lot of spam posts and needless drama.  When the forum re-launched, it was changed to the "one post to download" system.  Which wasn't exactly an unqualified success either, but it was a lot better than the systems that came before and after it.

About these systems...I don't know.  Even posting something and being met with nothing but silence (which sucks, I know) would be preferable to never being sure whether any responses I got were from people who were genuinely interested in what I posted, or just pretending to be so they can get their post count/karma/whatever up.  But maybe that's just me...
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2011, 12:05:11 AM »

If it's a bandwidth issue or trying to spark more conversation, then the only solution would have to be individually approving members once they've proven to be active members or something like that.  As it stands now, I'd rather have less talking but have it more meaningful than "reply to watch".

silvery
Medusa Golden Knight

^Yay! Osmium.

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2011, 01:33:59 AM »

As it stands now, I'd rather have less talking but have it more meaningful than "reply to watch".

Have to agree. I sometimes see posts in certain game dl forum and holycrab there're like 20 pages of short thanks. It's really creepy.
The worst part is that the bloody forum doesn't even hide content, so it's probably just a sh*tty way people show their sh*tty "genuine" gratitude where I live. What cancerous sh*t grade population, really (and no, I don't wish they just die, I wish they die in agony and bring their families with them.)

Anyway, I digressed. The point is that there's nothing you can do to change the crowd. They always stay the same, probably even more than statues. And you can't make them talk unless they're willing to.

What I think is that this forum was fine how it was before the most recent downage (in my opinion.) And I say if it's not broken, then don't fix it. The only way that this place will improve is having new, more sociable members and it has to be voluntary.

Which leads to say it's pretty much impossible  Wink

Unless someone can think of a way, that is.
fuzetsu
Medusa Golden Knight

The World Needs More Tachibana Himeko..

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 04:58:30 AM »

..... I wish they die in agony and bring their families with them.

*Frowns* Why so Medieval China?

However yea, I need to agree this new system just spawn stuff that's annoying, pointless and yes indeed; creepy. Worse part is that you can exactly see that all these so-called gratitude-ful comments are vividly degrading from a copy-&-paste thanks to pointless and random phrases which looks nothing different than a amateur troll/spam posts... and they're spreading like a plague.

Need to agree with good ol' Mash as well; it's feels just so terrible when you typed walls of texts stating your opinion, ideas and stuff only to get nothing but sounds of crickets from this community. Oh well, I'm not one to say since I've been quite passive lately before the last one got shot down... I guess, this is the time for me to snap my suspenders, fix my tie and go active, Yaho!

Anyway, should I start/re-activated the Sacred Seven thread? Err.. no, it's not like I want to post something there and go crazy over the amazing looking snapshots I saw for episode 11....

DarkMadness
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2011, 06:09:55 AM »

I have to agree on that "Reply to see" being more deteriorating for the forum than any good. I mean, I'm not even sure there ever was a valid reason for hiding stuff anyway...

Also, not sure if this was said, but the DNS redirections seems to be broken... as soon as you login, you're no longer in "medusaprojectonline.com" but on "67.225.214.191"... which seems to cause that, if you used the "keep logged in" option, it won't work if you connect back on the first address.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2011, 06:40:12 PM »

I'd like to mention that the login at the top of the first page doesn't seem to work.  I type my username and password and always get a "password incorrect" error.  However, if I login from the actual login screen, it works just fine.  I didn't think I had seen this reported yet so might as well mention it.

mash587
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2011, 11:35:21 PM »

I get that too.  Though I can login on the next screen, so it's not really a major issue or anything.  Infinitely more bearable than the login issues the original forum had...
silvery
Medusa Golden Knight

^Yay! Osmium.

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2011, 06:39:41 AM »

*Frowns* Why so Medieval China?

However yea, I need to agree this new system just spawn stuff that's annoying, pointless and yes indeed; creepy. Worse part is that you can exactly see that all these so-called gratitude-ful comments are vividly degrading from a copy-&-paste thanks to pointless and random phrases which looks nothing different than a amateur troll/spam posts... and they're spreading like a plague.

Back in the "Medieval" days where I live, 7 generations of one's family is executed when one is charged for treason. (That means them, their parents, grandparents, great grandparents, children, grand children and their children's grandchildren ie. the whole "clan" will die, leaving not a single drop of traitorous blood.) Pretty sick if you ask me, but then again that was when we had peace  Undecided

Anyways, that's not the point. The point is that the Queen's Blade manga thread is already flooded with epic thankage lol A live example of destruction. (then again, it's not like I've got an idea that'd actually help out  Wink)

Oh, btw, we inherited such execution method from China I think. Not too sure though cuz I kinda hated history.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: