Username:

Password:

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fixing the downloads section  (Read 3357 times)
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« on: June 17, 2011, 01:33:27 AM »

I was browsing the downloads section today in depth for the first time and was alarmed by how many topics either have dead links or removed links.  Is there any way that somebody could find the materials that were included in these topics and re-upload them somewhere else so they are still available?  Nothing is more annoying than thinking you've found something good only to see the topic says "link removed, go to hell".

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 09:45:56 AM »

If I have time this summer, I may take a look at it.

Remember, anyway, that this is a forum, not a direct downloads' web nor a database, it's not uncommon that the links are broken.

Thanks for your suggestion, anyway. Smiley
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 10:54:16 AM »

I understand but it's still a bit disappointing to have a downloads section only for most to not work.

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 11:04:15 AM »

We'll do something about it some day (probably this summer).

This forum is lead by several people, we need to agree on some things first before doing the changes.
petedav
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 09:05:42 AM »

How about the thread with broken/unavailable links getting marked? Which means, either to inform the users about the unavailability of the link or asking them to re-upload it if they have it?
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 10:23:56 AM »

That would be better. It wasn't the fact that the clips weren't there that annoyed me as much as having my hopes raised only to have them dashed when I found broken/missing links.

silvery
Medusa Golden Knight

^Yay! Osmium.

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »

I think if you are to mark broken links thoroughly, it'd be easier to archive other sections' downloadable content at the same time as you mark links.
The reason behind my idea is that I believe there are downloadable content everywhere in the forum, so doing this would tidy up the whole place AND fixes most links in the process. But it'd be a lot of work, I mean, man I wouldn't even bother cleaning my own room lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: