Username:

Password:

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Translation of the Medusa doujin some of us may know  (Read 7757 times)
FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« on: June 16, 2011, 05:15:47 AM »

Hello there.

Here: http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=688

I've found a translation of that doujin in which a boy has an eye that can turn people into stone, and one of her friends seems to love the idea.

I can't seem to find the original thread... If you can help me with that, I'd be welcome (this forum's Search function is broken, so don't bother with it).
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 01:27:10 PM »

Here's that original thread.
http://medusaproject.ueuo.com/foro/index.php?topic=1317.0
Also, it's good to be seeing this translated. It's always better when you know what's actually going on.

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 09:46:28 AM »

Thanks for the link.
sovietmisaki
Gorgon Warrior

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 01:03:05 AM »

I had someone I know help me translate those pages, though I haven't got around to asking him to translate the rest of the pages the creator made, I would love it if someone could do some manga editing and cleaning like with other scanlations
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 12:05:10 AM »

I was looking into translating manga pages for this and although I've never done it before, it looks fairly easy.  I might give it a shot.  However, what I'm worried about most is that pretty much all of the lines are written vertically.  I might have to actually edit the text boxes to make it all fit and look fine at the same time.  I'll do a test page to see if it looks good.

EDIT:  My test is done.  Does this look ok?
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa435/StoneLad/MedusaPG1.png
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 12:38:44 AM by StoneLad » Logged

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 02:01:50 AM »

Hell, StoneLad, where have you been all these years? You said you only wanted to lurk, and look how much you're contributing now...

It's a decent job. One thing that may help you: Try to use this font next time: http://www.dafont.com/anim-ace.font

Which one have you used on your work?

Also, try not to keep too literal to the translation you can read there, since it has some flaws. Use common sense rather than copying it literally.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02:04:00 AM by FrozetaShintoriFan » Logged
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 10:37:43 AM »

I've been more bored this summer than I thought I would be!  Wink
Plus, I have a tendency to say I'm not going to do something then wind up doing it anyways.

Yeah, I'm not going to copy the translation 100%, but some panels I'm unsure how to even fix the dialogue, like the "like that?" and "and then-" in the first panel. Also, I got the font from a manga editing tutorial but the italics look odd so I'll use the one you posted.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:39:23 AM by StoneLad » Logged

StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 01:59:18 AM »

Ok, I've done a first draft of the first 5 pages.  The first two pages or so have no real dialogue changes because I can't think of a way to make it sound cleaner.  There's quite a few edits to the size and location of some dialogue boxes as I couldn't make it all fit.  I've also had to change one or two sentences for the sole purpose of making it fit better into a text box (although these are the most minor edits).  I know there's quite a bit more dialogue to be fixed, and I'd welcome suggestions for improved lines.

http://www.4shared.com/file/vu-p5JT0/medusamangapart1draft1.html

BTW, this is surprisingly fun to make.  I've been working on it for about 2 and a half hours now and it's really fun to see the story gradually become English.

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 10:53:32 AM »

Thanks, man. If you want a suggestion, next time try to upload it to MEGAUPLOAD. It works better than all the other services (or create an Imgur album with the images).
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 11:22:25 AM »

Alright, I've just ways used 4shared. Any ideas for improvements? I'll likely finish the rest of the main pages tonight.

FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 06:08:49 PM »

I'm busy untill this weekend. I'll tell you my opinion with more details by then. Anyway, the sample pages looked quite decent.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 12:27:18 AM »

Ok, I've gotten the main part of the story done.  The translations for the extra stuff seem a bit off so I'm not sure if I'll do them yet.

Stone Girl English Version 1.0

Azru
Gorgon Knight

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 01:31:09 AM »

Smiley  Well it really dose appear you have abilities to do quite a bit. And they are most appreciated. I do look forward to see more work done by you. Now time to hunt down the the fabled second stone girl dojun.
StoneLad
Medusa Golden Knight

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 11:56:54 PM »

I'm not sure who you're talking about, but I'd just like to say reiterate that sovietmisaki (and his friend) did the hardest and most important work on this while I'm just good at editing images.  I'm saying this because I feel I kind of hijacked the topic which drew attention away from him and I'm sorry for that.

sovietmisaki
Gorgon Warrior

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 08:50:42 PM »

no problem  Smiley I'm just glad someone finally got around to editing the pages in the first place, I know the creator usually creates new pages once every few months, so I'm way behind on the page count now, and he usually releases new pages around comiket
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:54:12 PM by sovietmisaki » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: