Username:

Password:

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Medusa by Ryoko Yamagishi  (Read 4051 times)
drakedrakedrake
Medusa Golden Knight

« on: November 03, 2007, 03:50:34 PM »

Has anyone ever seen a copy of Medusa by Ryoko Yamagishi - which appeared in BessatsuKisoutengai 1979 No. 9.

It is mentioned in passing in Frederick L. Schodt's book Manga Manga, and I have not been able to find a copy.  I think the content looks very promising - and would be interested in finding it somewhere.

Drake
Kojen
Medusa Golden Knight

tyler_kojen
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 05:43:19 PM »

Hmm... something that old will likely be difficult to find, especially outside of Japan... I found one website that has an order page for it, but they're sold out - http://www.milbooks.com/shop/detail.php?code=BK051084

What is mentioned about it in the book you read?

Edit - Found a Yahoo auction for it, but it's in Japanese... http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/101991332

I know of one place - http://www.celga.com/ - that will bid on Japanese Yahoo auctions for you, for a certain fee.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 05:57:01 PM by Kojen » Logged
bigin23
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 05:49:08 PM »

In the "ま~も" section of the books bit of the solid girl database, it seems to say it only has male petrification Sad

If you're there with a translator like niftytool, you'd bee looking for a title like " メデュウサ 山岸涼子恐怖選2 " or in english " MEDEYUUSA Ryouko Yamagishi 恐怖選 2 ". The translated describtion  was "Pervert MEDEYUSA comes out to a town and changes man into the stone one after another."

My Stories
Archive of Round 1-6 zip
Round 7
Hope to get back to it soon.
mash587
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 11:37:31 PM »

I'm not so sure about the male thing.  I've known the nifty translator to mistakenly refer to females as men before...I think it just defaults to that whenever it's not specified. 

The "人間" who are being petrified in the description apparently literally translates as "human", so it doesn't really tell us either way.
fuzetsu
Medusa Golden Knight

The World Needs More Tachibana Himeko..

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 12:58:05 PM »

Consider about the nifty translator's 'mistakes' on referring girls as men,i'm kind of doubting that would happen. As far as i've done lots of ASFR huntings,everytime the database mentioned "..which freeze the men" or "..the beauty boy(refers to bishounen or shota) becomes the stone",it happened that they're true. Similar like how i discovered the frustrating asfr scenes in Tsubasa Chronicle Season2 and Blood Of Makulth...

However,there're still small chances that the translation wasn't correct but if they did mentioned something like "...because the victims are all men,it is really regretable...",i'm 100% confirmed it's a men-only asfr scene...

stoney
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 10:05:38 PM »

Angry booooooooooooooo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: