Username:

Password:

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sticky topic somewhere with translations of board names?  (Read 2082 times)
bigin23
Medusa Golden Knight

« on: October 26, 2007, 05:48:31 PM »

Though most of us know what all the board names mean, a topic in Presentate with rough translations of the spanish board names and what they are would be helpful in my opinion. It would also be helpful to let more members be able to share their asfr stories and stuff if they know what everything is for.

Maybe the same thread could be used to link to translation sites like Tranexp (very very good site I recently found, good with a lot of languages because it gives you more than one meaning), Babelfish which isn't very good but can get what you want done if you need to and tool.nifty.com which is a japanese site that is meant to translate into english (日本語 > 英語 means japanese to english, meaning that you just click that option and it's easy) and i think it works well. They can help those of us who don't speak one language people speak on the baords understand messages and with the japanese translation, read japanese sites.

Anything that means we all share more stuff with cute statues is a good thing i think! Smiley

My Stories
Archive of Round 1-6 zip
Round 7
Hope to get back to it soon.
mash587
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 06:23:22 PM »

Cool, I never knew about Tranexp.  Looks pretty useful.

I got one more to add:

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?9T

This one just does japanese->english, though it can take awhile to sift through it.  I usually just use nifty's, but this one is handy when I want to go through the effort for a more accurate idea of what was said.
mash587
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 04:14:56 PM »

I found this site about a year ago, but forgot to mention it since I rarely use it.

http://www.saiga-jp.com/language/kanji_list.html

On this page you'll find over 3000 Kanji characters listed.  I found other similar sites but this was the only one that had typed out copy-and-pastable text characters, as opposed to hand drawn images.  Useful if you really want to translate the Kanji an artist drew on a picture, though it can take a long time if there are a lot of the more complicated characters.

Also has a Japanese-->English translation function, but only for one word at a time.  You do seem to get every possible translation of that word though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: