Username:

Password:

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas on how a petrification scene can happen! Brainstorm thread.  (Read 8947 times)
slam422
Medusa Golden Knight

The requisit Sonic fan of the forum.

slamth422
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 03:15:26 PM »

Heh, sorry.

If it has to do with sexy, half-naked/fully naked women being frozen in ice, then you know I will enjoy it!
FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 03:49:03 AM »

No worries, slam... We have just different tastes!
Intox
Gorgon Warrior

Email
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 07:40:25 PM »

I feel guilty for "bumping" this, even if it's the #1 thread on top here. :3
How about...

A giant "sand worm" sort of creature that stalks beneath the open desert and badlands. Upon sensing life atop the surface, it strikes with one in an array of stingers --- roughly cobra-sized, up to the stinger's point --- that very swiftly turns the victim into a metallic, silvery substance, followed by her/him quickly vanishing as the sand worm shoots up to the surface and swallows the freshly rendered statue (along with a huge chunk of the earth around them) whole.

Inside the worm, dunes' worth of soil/sand, withered vegetation, and countless victims, mostly human, tumble, slide, and roll as the beast wriggles through the earth. It leeches off the life energy of its captives for sustenance, and all they can do is stare forward and ponder their fate in an arcanely drugged stupor.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 07:46:25 PM by Intox » Logged
FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 07:07:21 AM »

Nice idea. Also, "necroing" threads is not something frowned upon in this forum, so feel free to do it.
bigin23
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 03:20:32 AM »

Well, when I replied to another thread there I had a couple of ideas.

First, the idea that things that people think shouldn't petrify clothes could in fact be justified to do so. Gorgon gazes, poisons, maybe they give off fumes or, for want of a better word, radiation that petrifies their clothing too. Maybe each petrifying object gives off a little too, and only things already stone or rock don't change. So, one person in a crowd is somehow petrified by a gaze or venom. But, the fumes/radiation spread, and partially petrify nearby members of the crowd. That means it spreads up their bodies. The end result should be a ring of statues either fleeing from or staring in confusion at "statue zero" in the middle of a new forest of statues.  Smiley

Related, is the idea that a statue made from a living thing could be sort of radioactive. Basically, just make it the petrifying radiation rather than the glow in the dark make you melt kind. Either that affects other things right away, making the irradiated areas heavy and quickly turning to stone, or the exposure of the victim leads to them leaving the area and then slowly turning to stone somewhere else to irradiate others. A ring of radioactive statues could bathe an area in the middle with enough energy to more or less instantly petrify anyone put inside the circle...

Chain Reactions and Petrifying Radiation Poisoning. Don't think anyone's come up with those before. Smiley

My Stories
Archive of Round 1-6 zip
Round 7
Hope to get back to it soon.
Intox
Gorgon Warrior

Email
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 05:07:06 AM »

I had an idea for chain reaction petrification before, but nothing I can prove (i.e. on paper) I had first. Tongue

Basically it was a spontaneous, delayed midas touch; when someone touched the statue it would leave a gold residue or substance on the area of contact. After some delay, who knows, 15 seconds, 15 minutes, a day(?), the area would tingle and then 'wwwrip!' convert them relatively quickly.  Anyone touching them, possibly in their company and genuinely confused, would undergo a similar chain of events.

Your "radioactive statue" idea reminds me of story that I read once; I can't remember if there was a statue inside of it but there was a sort of radiance in the middle of a cave or canyon or trench or something, which would only petrify the people after they left the area. A group of five or so girls learn this the hard way - well, all except the last, who stays in the glow until it dies out and she suffers the same fate.
Rebellion
Medusa Golden Knight

Anti-Chicom.

Email
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 11:41:52 AM »

Another idea.

An group of 12 young girls in maid clothing and armed with medieval weapons stormed a forest that is inhabited by humanoid basilisks who can turn anyone to stone. As the girls went deeper into the forest, they encountered many of these humanoid basilisks. They tried to fight them and manage to kill a few but the basilisks' gaze turn them to stone in a very slow manner; the basilisk's stone gaze effect starts at the victim's torso no matter which part of the body the basilisk gaze upon.

Some of the maid warriors were horrified as the effects of took a toll on some of their brethren; four girls were petrified after they kill several basilisk, worse, all of them have some of their parts breaking into pieces due to the weight of their weapons that is gets petrified.

As the remaining maid warriors continue towards the innermost part of the forest, a large group of basilisks ambushed them. While the maid warriors fought back, most of them end up petrified as they got overwhelmed. One manage to escape the onslaught, though saddened as she lost the only people she knew in her entire life. As she walks further, a basilisk appears behind her, seeing that resisting is futile, she dropped her weapon and decided not to fight, thinking that the basilisk will not attack her. Instead of holding back, the basilisk petrified the remaining maid warrior. The maid warrior could not do anything but accept her fate as a statue inside a forest along with her petrified brethren.

Thanks to PDF, I have a warped and twisted view of China.
Mudflap
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 03:37:55 PM »

The evil sorcerer from my dreams, the Lich Emperor, could use his magic staff to turn pretty girl to stone. Also the petrified females could decorate the halls of his castle.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: