Username:

Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: ASFR Lucid Dreams.  (Read 288210 times)
chilldon
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« on: March 07, 2010, 08:02:30 PM »

Has anyone here have one? For those who don't know what a lucid dream is here's a short definition.
A lucid dream is a dream where you know you're dreaming and can control what happens and therefore do whatever you want.So I hope you see where i'm going with this Smiley.
DarkMadness
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 12:16:28 AM »

I used to, back to the time I had learned to do that in a regular schedule (yeah, it can be learned, though it takes time and patience). Now I don't have much lucid dreams anymore (I prefer leaving all the dreaming to my subconscious who does it very well) and even if I still had them I'd not use them for petrificative purposes (like I did once or twice). Stopping time, however...
Linkrlz
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 12:52:25 AM »

Nope.

Although, when I was younger I did dream I could fly or run really fast ^^;

Yeah, right around the time when Super Mario World and Sonic 3 were around Wink
FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 03:24:48 PM »

Darkan, could you teach us how to do that? Or post links to tutorials. Merci in advance.
DarkMadness
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 03:37:41 PM »

Darkan, could you teach us how to do that? Or post links to tutorials. Merci in advance.

There you go for a link : http://www.dreamviews.com/.

Lucid dreaming isn't something that can be taught, it's something that can be learned from reading a lot, and experimenting. I say it can't be taught because each individual will have a different way to achieve it. Most techniques can be found on this site, though (especially on the Tutorials part), and the forums are a very rich source of information. If you're looking for another forum on the subject, there's LD4all, as well : http://www.ld4all.com/forum/

I hope that will be useful.
Linkrlz
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 03:45:46 PM »

About 95% of the time I don't know what I dream of Wink
chilldon
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 06:24:11 PM »

I hope this helps too.
http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33619&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
chilldon
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 07:34:48 AM »

Anyone have one recently, I had my first at couple of weeks ago. It was a lot clearer than normal dreams, but when you start your control is limited.
silvery
Medusa Golden Knight

^Yay! Osmium.

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 09:50:49 AM »

Took me long enough to read this thread properly and realising it's dream-related.  Sad

As a matter of fact, I had one like a few days ago. It was pretty normal at first, but as soon as I take control, it became more like a FPS game... then it all started to fade away, like I'm taking too much control that I woke up. Strange... This tends to happens more often when I have nighmares.
I'm guessing that taking control means you have to focus on what you do, therefore the brain works on what you do instead of dreaming. Interesting, really, I might give it another shot and lay off from FPS games.  Tongue

By the way, nice link there, DarkMadness. Very interesting.
DarkMadness
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 01:13:30 PM »

Indeed, when you gain control, you have to be careful not to take too much control, as the conscious mind tries to overcome the subconscious mind, which is precisely what creates the dream in the first place. Though, it may happen that you have full control over the dream while the dream remains stable and doesn't vanish, I've had the chance to experience that in the past.
FrozetaShintoriFan
Medusa Golden Knight

I know everything about photomanips and this forum

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 04:53:34 PM »

I'm thinking about making this a Sticky Thread.

Can anybody do a summary of the method to have lucid dreams? An English-speaking user is preferred for that task.

Then, I'll edit the first post, adding that summary, and the links Darkan posted. OK?

I think this thread has great potential, keep it on!

Also, share some of those lucid dreams you've had!
chilldon
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 05:32:12 PM »

Here are the three main methods (to me at least).

Mnemonic induction of lucid dreams operation (MILD)-The MILD technique is a common technique Developed by Stephen LaBerge Used to induce a lucid dream at will by setting an intention, while falling asleep, to remember to Recognize That one is dreaming or to remember to When I look for dream signs is one in a dream.

Wake-back-to-bed (WBTB), The method Involves going to sleep and waking up five to six hours later, focusing all thoughts on lucid dreaming while Staying awake for an hour, and going back to sleep while practicing the MILD method.

Wake-initiation of lucid dreams (WILD)-There are many techniques Entering Aimed at WILD. The key is to These techniques Recognizing the hypnagogic stage, Which Is Within The border of Being Being awake and asleep. If a person is aware Staying Successful Occurs while in this stage, They Will Eventually enter the dream state while Being Fully Aware That It is a dream.

Reference: Wikipedia.
This lists many other methods.
http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33616
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 03:48:23 PM by chilldon » Logged
chilldon
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 07:57:35 PM »

I used to, back to the time I had learned to do that in a regular schedule (yeah, it can be learned, though it takes time and patience). Now I do not have lucid dreams much anymore (I prefer leaving all the dreaming to my subconscious who does it very well) and even if I still had them I'd not use them for petrificative purposes (like I did once or twice) . Stopping time, however ...
What happend in those dreams, do you mind telling us?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 05:23:03 AM by FrozetaShintoriFan » Logged
chilldon
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 06:55:23 PM »

This may help too.
http://www.ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33618
With this you create your own dreamscape that can look and have anything you want in it. I'm sure everyone's will be ASFR themed Wink. This may not work for some.
Mudflap
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 11:42:34 PM »

A few night ago I dreamed Tiana (from The Princess and the Frog) was turned into a gold statue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: