Username:

Password:

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: X-Blades  (Read 2011 times)
Zicron Shadow
Administrator
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« on: January 09, 2010, 06:12:20 AM »

Very Cool!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UZNp6y7Rrw

The enemies realy can freeze you in this game  Grin Grin

Linkrlz
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 07:48:46 AM »

That is awesome. I saw that game and hoped it would have some freeze or petrify and it does!

Buuut..that's not the only enemy that does it right? ^^;
zero
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 08:02:36 AM »

Yeah, pretty much, and the game's like taking an unlikeable heroine (like Laura Croft, who apparently continues to make up for it by having decent boobs), making her a bad anime character, and adding bad God of War style gameplay.
Zicron Shadow
Administrator
Medusa Golden Knight

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 09:20:48 AM »

That is awesome. I saw that game and hoped it would have some freeze or petrify and it does!

Buuut..that's not the only enemy that does it right? ^^;

I dont play much that game but some like a elemental of ice can freeze you but isnt a big level of freeze, have the same efect but you can move but more slow. Sad
The enemy of the video realy can freeze you  Cheesy

I will try play that game today, one friend have that  Wink

Linkrlz
Medusa Golden Knight

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 10:04:23 AM »

I like Lara Croft. Although the only game I've played is Anniversary ^^;
ThereGoesMyTiddleston
Statue

Just a guy who's into females petrified and frozen

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 09:52:23 PM »

I'm gonna resurrect this 8 year-old thread with an ASFR Wiki Page I made just now. I hope you guys can appreciate it.

http://asfr.wikia.com/wiki/X-Blades
blargen
Gorgon Knight

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 03:28:19 AM »

I'm gonna resurrect this 8 year-old thread with an ASFR Wiki Page I made just now. I hope you guys can appreciate it.

http://asfr.wikia.com/wiki/X-Blades

Greatly do! Still have some amusing memories about this game, as I remember seeing early videos of this game when it came out, and you got to see really nice poses for the ice statues...every 1 in 9 or 10 videos. >_>

Thing was, this was just before 2010, and bloom was a pretty big thing back then. Admittedly, the lighting effects were nice, but those effects would overlap and make things very bright depending on the angle the camera was at, and sometimes hides the ice statue altogether. It was impressive tech to see back then, especially to see light get reflected through the ice but that game really cranked that aspect up way more than it needed to. That or the player's really liked that setting to see it at its full potential. Definitely felt like a different beast compared to gameplay videos today.

Anyway, slight story I detracted on.  Wink

I really love the ice effect in this game. Also the ice in its kind of successor Blades of Time, even though that game's freeze lasted 1 second so you couldn't admire the detail in full as much, still was a nice texture. But yeah, thanks again! It's very nice to see an old favorite get brought up again.

ThereGoesMyTiddleston
Statue

Just a guy who's into females petrified and frozen

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 08:44:19 AM »

Greatly do! Still have some amusing memories about this game, as I remember seeing early videos of this game when it came out, and you got to see really nice poses for the ice statues...every 1 in 9 or 10 videos. >_>

Thing was, this was just before 2010, and bloom was a pretty big thing back then. Admittedly, the lighting effects were nice, but those effects would overlap and make things very bright depending on the angle the camera was at, and sometimes hides the ice statue altogether. It was impressive tech to see back then, especially to see light get reflected through the ice but that game really cranked that aspect up way more than it needed to. That or the player's really liked that setting to see it at its full potential. Definitely felt like a different beast compared to gameplay videos today.

Anyway, slight story I detracted on.  Wink

I really love the ice effect in this game. Also the ice in its kind of successor Blades of Time, even though that game's freeze lasted 1 second so you couldn't admire the detail in full as much, still was a nice texture. But yeah, thanks again! It's very nice to see an old favorite get brought up again.
You're also welcome again, I definitely knew that this game needed to have a page so I'm glad I had the chance to do it. :-D
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: